Windows 10: Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available"

Discus and support Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am currently having to be on another computer as my internet access keeps stopping on my desktop. I troubleshoot and it brings up "reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SuzanneSutton1, May 2, 2020.

1. Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available"

Hi, I am currently having to be on another computer as my internet access keeps stopping on my desktop. I troubleshoot and it brings up "reset the wi-fi adaptor" and then lists that the default gateway is not available.

I spent approximately 2 hours last night trying to rectify and finally thought I had discovered it through a series of things that removing the wi-fi adaptors and the restarting the computer enabling it to apply the driver again that it finally worked, however here I am again with the same error message with internet failure approximately every 3 minutes. Surely I do not have to go through the prior process continually. Please help as the desktop is less than 6 months old. Nobody including myself would say that I am tech savvy so am really struggling.

Thank you

:)

SuzanneSutton1, May 2, 2020

2. Windows 7, default gateway not available

As the title suggests, I've been receiving the error that my default gateway is missing. I tried uninstalling the network adaptors and restarting but that did not help, so any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

AustinJackson1, May 2, 2020
  3. rheged Win User
    Help needed: USB Wi-Fi adaptor issues with vista

Hi all,

just got a brand new shiny laptop (Compaq F560EM) with on board wi-fi and vista home premium 32bit. Onboard Wi-fi module not good enough (low signal strength from WLAN on account of internal antenna) to get decent connectivity to halls of residence WLAN. So purchased a Compoint EVWL-GI-700S usb wi-fi adaptor.

Driver (XP version) installed fine (apparently), the issue I'm having is that the configuration client that came with the device doesn't like Vista, to the extent that the client doesnt recognise that the device is plugged in, even though vista recognises that the device is there, and has it listed under device manager as a Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g wireless lan client adaptor (maybe its the chipset used?), and says its working fine. Also, an unidentified (by the manual) green light is lit up on the usb stick. Stays lit constantly.

The configuration client, loads up ok when vista starts, comes up with a selection of tabs, of which network status is available, amongst other admin type tabs, and site survey is blanked out and not available. According to the manual, the site survey tab is neccessary to locate and connect to a network with the usb adaptor.

With Vista's own network connection facility, the usb adaptor can't find any networks, though the onboard wi-fi system can, so I'm going on the presumption that the usb adaptor needs the client that came with it to do anything.

I've thought that the 3 most likely options are that either a) The configuration client doesnt get on with Vista for whatever reason, b) actually the device driver is NOT doing the job its meant to even though Vista thinks it is, or c) the device is broken.

Anyone got any ideas for a solution to this issue which doesn't involve waiting for microsoft to send out the first service pack for Vista?

Thanks *Smile Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available" :)

rheged, May 2, 2020
  4. Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available"

Wi-Fi direct adaptor

How can I reconnect to my Microsoft Wi-Fi direct adaptor after accidentally deleting?

NormaMarsh, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available"

1. Reset wi-fi adaptor "the default gateway is not available" - Similar Threads - Reset adaptor default

2. The default gateway is not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The default gateway is not available.: I just recently reset my computer removed all my files, and during the setup, the computer connected, but I have no internet access. I ran the troubleshooter but it couldn't resolve my issue. I've tried multiple solutions but they all didn't work. I've tried enabling and...
  3. Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore: I had some problems connecting to a new network, so I tried reseting the network adaptors. However, after that my Wi-Fi does not work anymore, the button for Wi-Fi I don't know how it's called i'm sorry disappeared.When I troubleshoot it, it was described as - "problem with...
  4. Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset network adaptor and Wi-Fi adaptor does not function anymore: I had some problems connecting to a new network, so I tried reseting the network adaptors. However, after that my Wi-Fi does not work anymore, the button for Wi-Fi I don't know how it's called i'm sorry disappeared.When I troubleshoot it, it was described as - "problem with...
  5. The Default Gateway is Not Available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Default Gateway is Not Available: This has been happening since updates. I have tried all solutions and nothing is working. Everytime I put the computer to sleep or start up, it's not connected to the internet. I do a troubleshoot and it ALWAYS comes up the same. "Reset the Wi-fi Adapter," The Default Gateway...
  6. Default Gateway not available

Default Gateway not available: Every hour or so I get kicked off the internet. First Teams goes. Then Zoom a few seconds later. Then I'm kicked off wifi. When I troubleshoot, it says Default gateway unavailable "fixed". Then I get back on and it happens again within 30 min to an hour. Seems to happen when...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. "The default gateway is not available"

"The default gateway is not available": Hello all, I recently got a new laptop and I've been having trouble with connecting to the internet. Several times a day, internet pages will stop loading and Windows diagnostics will come up with the message "The default gateway is not available". This is fixed by...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...