Windows 10: Reset win 10: no tiles

Discus and support Reset win 10: no tiles in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have just reset windows 10 to factory settings, keeping personal files. Now I have only 3 tiles and no access to the microsoft store. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lost in transit, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Reset win 10: no tiles

I have just reset windows 10 to factory settings, keeping personal files.

Now I have only 3 tiles and no access to the microsoft store.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Derek

:)

Lost in transit, Feb 17, 2021

2. Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Neilg Win User
    how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Reset win 10: no tiles

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Reset win 10: no tiles

1. Reset win 10: no tiles - Similar Threads - Reset tiles

2. Im stuck at 1%.in resetting my pc what should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Im stuck at 1%.in resetting my pc what should i do?: Hello I am windows 10 user and yesterday i want to reset my pc since it has a problem. I click the reset in the recovery tab and i chose to remove everything and clean the data. I started resetting my pc at 5 in the afternoon but it stuck in 1%,so i decided to leave my...
  3. My live tiles wont work I tried resetting the photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My live tiles wont work I tried resetting the photos.: I did everything repaired it and still. I it won't let me uninstall photos and reinstall. The photos I want to use are in JPG format. Thank you...
  4. My live tiles wont work I tried resetting the photos.

My live tiles wont work I tried resetting the photos.: I did everything repaired it and still. I it won't let me uninstall photos and reinstall. The photos I want to use are in JPG format. Thank you...
  5. How do I snap an app into an existing tile without resetting the other tiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I snap an app into an existing tile without resetting the other tiles?: I am using Window 11 with an LG Ultrawide monitor. I might have 5 windows open e.g., 3 word documents, a browser and file manager. I have three tiles and thus three visible windows. How can I snap one of the other apps into a tile without having to reclick on the other apps?...
  6. How do I snap an app into an existing tile without resetting the other tiles?

How do I snap an app into an existing tile without resetting the other tiles?: I am using Window 11 with an LG Ultrawide monitor. I might have 5 windows open e.g., 3 word documents, a browser and file manager. I have three tiles and thus three visible windows. How can I snap one of the other apps into a tile without having to reclick on the other apps?...
  7. How to reset weather app live tile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset weather app live tile: On my PC, the weather app is a live tile in the start menu, the weather in the app is set to celsius, but in the live tile it shows me the temperature in fahrenheit...
  8. How to reset weather app live tile

How to reset weather app live tile: On my PC, the weather app is a live tile in the start menu, the weather in the app is set to celsius, but in the live tile it shows me the temperature in fahrenheit...
  9. Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart: Hi, Since the latest update last week, I just cannot customize my Start Menu. I did pin some apps to my Start Menu and I did update settings to show Documents, Music, Downloads and Pictures on the left-hand side of my Start Menu (Personalization > Start > Choose which...
  10. How can I reset the start menu layout (the tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I reset the start menu layout (the tiles): The old method that worked in 8.x and older 10 of the two files no longer works. Anybody know of a method? 7145