Windows 10: reset window 10 issue

Discus and support reset window 10 issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, My laptop screen was broken and then i used my external monitor by HDMI cable. Since i found my win 10 has always freeze up after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by unclegwing, Feb 13, 2019.

1. reset window 10 issue

Hello Everyone,

My laptop screen was broken and then i used my external monitor by HDMI cable.

Since i found my win 10 has always freeze up after 15 mins, so i want to reset the window 10 but after i go thru the reset process, i cannot use external monitor with HDMI cable. can anyone help what i can do to reset the window?

Many Thanks.

William

:)

unclegwing, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 13, 2019
  3. EntropyZ Win User
    Windows 10 issues!

I had a similar issue but it only happen on older hardware, Windows would install the stock drivers which would make it nearly impossible to access the internet. Luckily I had newest Intel and Realtek NIC drivers that ran perfectly on Win 10 x64 1607 version, installing those fixed my that problem.

This also can happen on a non-fresh install of WIn 10, when you try to boot from a different computer/motherboard, after a single failed boot, Windows will try to re-detect and re-install all of the drivers, which definitely won't be the most stable or newest.

I tried everything, flushing cache, resetting router, uninstalling the device completely from the list, removing the LAN connection entirely, none of those helped.

EntropyZ, Feb 13, 2019
  4. reset window 10 issue

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

reset window 10 issue

1. reset window 10 issue - Similar Threads - reset window issue

2. Reset Windows 10 issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Windows 10 issue!: I am selling a Dell Windows 10 device. I followed the reset instructions from Microsoft. I have removed the device from my account and the windows store. But - the computer opens up to a screen with my name and asks me to log in. When I try to log in it says the account is...
  3. Reset Windows 10 issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Windows 10 issue!: I am selling a Dell Windows 10 device. I followed the reset instructions from Microsoft. I have removed the device from my account and the windows store. But - the computer opens up to a screen with my name and asks me to log in. When I try to log in it says the account is...
  4. Reset Windows 10 issue!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues with Resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Resetting Windows 10: Hi. I need help with resetting my PC. I've encountered a lot of issue with my windows 10 so just want to reset it instead. After attempting several times, my laptop only shows me the blue screen with "Choose Option". And even if I tried those options, it still won't reset my...
  6. Windows 10 Reset Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Reset Issue: After resetting windows 10 desktop computer keeping files it is not detecting my keyboard or mouse so I am unable to login. I unplugged/restarted pc and attempted to start safe mode but does not go to safe mode/BIOS and still just showing login screen and unable to login. I...
  7. Windows 10 reset issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset issues: Recently I did a reset to attempt to wipe my account as I thought it would log it out as I have not been able to get rid of it. Not only did I not realise that it would delete my Microsoft office, but it also didn't reset my account and now I don't know where I previously...
  8. Windows 10 reset issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reset issue: I reset my laptop but when I turn it on it automatically says The specified domain does not exist or could be contacted then shuts downs even if I don’t touch a key to say ok. [IMG]...
  9. Windows 10 reset issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset issues: Long story short (ish). My son has a small laptop with about 30GB of drive space. He enjoys downloading random stuff onto his laptop as many kids do. He downloaded something and the computer started behaving oddly. We cannot use the windows start button or "search" icon....
  10. Windows 10 Reset Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reset Issue: I had an issue with Windows, where the computer would boot to the desktop, but no icons would display and the system was effectively non-responsive. I reset the machine to factory settings, and since then, things are different but not improved. The computer will boot to an...