Windows 10: reset window lock screen with bat file?

Discus and support reset window lock screen with bat file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, 1. I installed RohosLogonKey. It added a logon option to the lock screen and save a "logon key" to a usb (I save it to my c: harddrive) . So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thlong123, Feb 14, 2017.

1. thlong123 Win User

reset window lock screen with bat file?

Hi,

1. I installed RohosLogonKey. It added a logon option to the lock screen and save a "logon key" to a usb (I save it to my c: harddrive) . So that my computer can automatically logon to window. (my computer using win10 )
    2. I also setup a program called btprox. Its job is to delete the "logon key" when loose bluetooth connection and lock the computer, then copy the "logon key" to its location when the bluetooth device is connected.
    My problem is when the computer is locked on step 2, Rohos will look for the logon key, if it cannot find the key, it stops. When the bluetooth is back and the "logon key" is copied to its location, Rohos will not unlock the computer. It seems like it won't read the "logon key". If I manual login, Rohos will work again.

So my question is, can a bat file restart the lock screen, so that Rohos will tried to look for the "logon key"?

:)

thlong123, Feb 14, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

windows spoatlight

Hi Milan,

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalisation - Lockscreen

Set your lock screen to picture instead of Windows Spotlight

Close the Settings App

Click the link below to download a bat file from DropBox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96h0do0yt0tv2xx/Reset...

Run the bat file by double clicking it

When the command has completed, restart your PC

Then, open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalisation - Lockscreen

Set your lock screen back to Windows Spotlight

That's It!

DaveM121, Feb 14, 2017
  3. JosephLeo Win User
    Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10

Yes i Agree, files can be kept in safe locker by generating the bat file .

To secure it ,Run the bat file,

To access. again run the bat file. Well. That's good.

But though the folder is protected, bat file [which is outside ] is accessible. If the folder name is changed in the bat file,the locked folder will be unlocked automatically.

Is there any way to restrict that ....? Or Hiding the bat file is the only way ...?

JosephLeo, Feb 14, 2017
  4. reset window lock screen with bat file?

Welcome to the TenForums @thlong123

There is a command in this list for Lock Screen. Not sure it is what you are looking for and I'm not sure of its use in the context of what you are doing. Please ensure you have a way to get around the device being locked. Hopefully this is just a test machine and you can reimage. You decide if you want to use.

Rundll32 commands for Windows 10/8/7/Vista

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 16, 2017
  5. thlong123 Win User
    @caledonken Thanks.
    The article does not have what I'm looking for, but I got some useful commands from it.

thlong123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reset window lock screen with bat file?

1. reset window lock screen with bat file? - Similar Threads - reset window lock

2. Bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  3. Bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bat file: I have a bat fileI am improving it bit by bit till I have reached But not i have added a warning to it before a commandI now want to make that line font size Bigger than the others How can I do that ??So here is the Batch file content@ECHO OFF echo...
  4. .bat files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bat files: So i am trying to make a minecraft server and need to open a .bat file but i keep getting a error saying "This app can not run on this pc" But it worked a month ago i need a solution please....
  5. Bat file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bat file: Good morning/evening/night, I wanted to create a batch file or an exe that can change options inside the gui of an application (the application is cisco webex) (if you are familliar with webex i want to change the audio or turn it to music mode witha batch file) but i am...
  6. renaming Bat file

renaming Bat file: Dear all, I need to complete my script .bat file to rename the Res_.pdf to Res_"Folder name". Note: this code is copied from another site its working already but with the following sequence; Res_.pdf to _Res_.pdf Thanks. for /r "PATH" %%G in . do pushd %%G for %%*...
  7. .bat file

in Windows 10 Customization
    .bat file: I have .bat file it is not working in my new PC when I double click on it. but it was working in my old PC. could your please support how to associate .bat file in windows 10? Kindly looking for your support and reply in this regards. Thanks.....
  8. .bat files changed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .bat files changed?: Greetings. Regarding Windows 10. I have a .bat file that I've used for... well, since forever. It rarely changes and it hasn't changed in months. Despite running quite fine in its current incarnation for some months now it's quite recently it's began throwing the error:...
  9. Windows .bat File

Windows .bat File: I have a .bat file on a pc that is supposed to get and send a file to and from a server. This .bat file is working properly when I run it on the pc but will not when trying to run it through a 3rd party software. there have been no errors, the .bat file will start to run but...
  10. reset windows update bat file

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    reset windows update bat file: Hi, I had found this on a different site and saved it as "fix update.bat" and I run it when I have problems. It seems to help without breaking anything so I thought I'd post it. I'm not entirely sure what it does though Code: @echo off net stop wuauserv net stop bits net...