Windows 10: Reset window size to default

Discus and support Reset window size to default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using an AutoTiling program to organize the windows. It has put the windows of very strange sizes, and I wish I could reset this to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sergio Hernández Pitarch, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Reset window size to default

Hi,

I have been using an AutoTiling program to organize the windows. It has put the windows of very strange sizes, and I wish I could reset this to default like when you use W10 for the first time. Is there an area where this configuration of window position and size is saved? If so, where can I find it? How do I reset this?

Example with the file explorer:

Reset window size to default 144eb50b-abc0-4d70-af3f-a014bcd1e910?upload=true.png

PS: I know I can resize the windows by dragging from the sides, but I want them to be at the default size and position as I said before.

Thanks!

:)

Sergio Hernández Pitarch, Jul 31, 2020
  2. newfellow Win User

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jul 31, 2020
  3. How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Reset window size to default

How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Reset window size to default ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Reset window size to default

1. Reset window size to default - Similar Threads - Reset window size

2. Change default window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default window size: I would like Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to reopen with the same window size it was closed. Currently Windows Media Player always opens with the window size almost maximised fullscreen but not quite, a few millimetres smaller than the screen. This is despite me...
  3. Registry editor reset window size to default

Registry editor reset window size to default: Hey guys! Was wondering, is their a way to reset the registry window size back to default? I stretched it and messed around with it was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks! 155790
  4. Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.: Hi Microsoft, you can improve the documentation for the setting of the default paper size for application. I noticed the default paper size for Edge, Outlook, ... is taken from the paper size of the default printer. Where is this documented. The discussions on this...
  5. Reset program windows to their default size and location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset program windows to their default size and location: Hello, I am a big fan of old MS-DOS games and I use DOSBox a lot to play them. The problem is, DOSBox changes the screen resolution (naturally) and after I return back to Windows, the window of many programs are resized. Windows Explorer, Settings, etc run in a small...
  6. How to reset the default size of calculator in windows 10

How to reset the default size of calculator in windows 10: Hey guys, Yesterday, I mistakenly clicked on calculator and its size edited so I want to change it default size because its looking weird now. So, can anyone tell me how to reset the default size of calculator in windows 10 ? Regards. 59619
  7. Anyway to default the window size

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to default the window size: I found that all of the window size has been changed. for example, the setting window has been changed too small size. I would like to default all the window size, position to default value(setting, control panel, chrome...etc). Anyway to do that? 105222
  8. Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows: How to: Reset Windows Photo Viewer Default Open Position and Size in Windows How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Windows Photo Viewer to view your digital photos in a variety of ways. You can...
  9. Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10: How to: Reset Notepad Default Open Position and Size in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position and Size of Notepad in Windows 10 Notepad is a simple text editor included in Windows and a basic text-editing program which enables computer users to create documents....
  10. Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows How to Reset Navigation Pane Width Size to Default in Windows [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset window posirion and size

2. how to reset file to normal wsize

3. reset window position to default

4. Size reset all,
  5. reset win10 position and size