Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I've had some issues with my Administrator account but not for the others where it mentioned explorer.exe interface was not supported and all of my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tsundere, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Tsundere Win User

Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default

So I've had some issues with my Administrator account but not for the others where it mentioned explorer.exe interface was not supported and all of my other programs lost his functionality (Skype,Games,Microsoft Edge). I did some research on some sites about telling me I could have corrupted registries and did the /sfc scannow and tried a lot of things but it did not work in the end and I'd like to know how could I reset my Admin account back to his default registries and settings. I tried doing exactly as shawn described in here Built-in Administrator Account - Reset to Default but that did not work.

And as for the restore and backup unfortunately I did not made one before this happened *Sad

Help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Tsundere, Sep 17, 2015

2. Problems in Windows 10

Right click the application or installer you are attempting to install, then click Run as administrator.

You can also access the Command Prompt, by press Windows key + X then click Command Prompt (Admin).

Are you the Administrator of the computer you are using?

Does this happen in other user accounts?

Which Antivirus utility do you have installed?

Try resetting the Windows 10 security permissions:

Reset Windows Security settings to default values in Windows 10/8/7

Andre Da Costa, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Unable to perform any administrator functions such as installing updates because I do not know the default administrator password.

Original title: Default Administrator

I am running Windows 10 and there is a Default Administrator account with a password. I cannot perform any administrator functions such as installing updates because I do not know the default administrator password. Is there a way to bypass the password
    or to set up another user account for myself with administrative privileges?

DemetriaNed, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Tsundere, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Unfortunately, that'll only reset the profile for the built-in Administrator account, and not the account itself.

In your situation, you might see if doing a repair install may help without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Brink, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default - Similar Threads - Reset Administrator Account

2. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  3. Changing Default Account to Administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default Account to Administrator?: I cannot disable the User Account Control Setting on my computer and it's more than likely because I do not have an administrator set up. My administrator is set up as "defaultuser1." How in the world can I fix this? How can I change my default account to be the...
  4. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  5. What is the password for the default administrator account?

What is the password for the default administrator account?: Ok so I keep trying to log in to my admin account but I don't know what the password is and I have never changed it so I believe its the default administrator password....
  6. Not able to change my default Windows account to administrator

Not able to change my default Windows account to administrator: I am using a Windows 10 pc, and have only one default user account which,by default, is an administrator. It was administrator but I degraded it down to a local/guest account, and now I cant make it an administrator again 1 I have tried the normal way of changing account type...
  7. Resetting Administrator Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting Administrator Account: My son just managed to delete my account where I was the administrator. He is no longer on the system either. Based on this, I managed to log in as a local user but I do not have any administration rights. I realise Windows has a systems administrator, but how do you...
  8. Administrator account reset itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account reset itself: Hi there would anyone be able to help? I was having issues with some desktop software and their support wanted to set up "hidden administrator" to test the issue. (My laptop had one user account, which is the only account on the machine, and was already an admin account)....
  9. Reset administrator for windows 10

Reset administrator for windows 10: Accidental removal of the administrator account caused a problem with making changes including adding a new admin, updating, installations and removals, and changing a current user to admin. Including adding a new administrator. Looked online to find a solution, however, the...
  10. How to disable Default administrator account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to disable Default administrator account...: Hi am a facing this problem for long time..When ever i turned my Pc on its showing invalid username/password...Its getting in to a user account for which i dont know the passwpord....its hidden administrator account i think once i tried that in command prompt,,,,, i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reset Windows 10 Administrator Account to default