Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; According to MS (and elsewhere) if you use a Recovery drive to "Reset" your PC - and you elect to keep your own personal files, it will still be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daveatthewell, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives

According to MS (and elsewhere) if you use a Recovery drive to "Reset" your PC - and you elect to keep your own personal files, it will still be necessary to re-install apps after Reset. Is this true of apps that were installed on a drive other than the Windows (normally CReset Windows 10 - apps on other drives :) drive? I like to keep my windows drive as free of programs clutter as I can.

I suspect the answer is going to be "Yes" since any required drivers and also Registry Settings will probably always be in the Windows folder/subfolders on the "Windows" drive.

(Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.657)
    TIA

:)

Daveatthewell, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Bill Gaer Win User

Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10  

Hi Brink

I have looked at the first method you suggested but Microsoft Edge is not featured in the Apps and Features List am I missing something?

If you haven't already, you might see if resetting Microsoft Edge may help fix it.

1) Reset App in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

2)Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

Regards
    Bill

Bill Gaer, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives

1. Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives - Similar Threads - Reset apps drives

2. Windows 10 drive security reset.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 drive security reset.: I wanted windows 10 to not to interfere when I am deleting or modifying advanced files that are protected by windows. So I thought why not just take the ownership of the whole system drive? But after I did that, a lot of things in windows started malfunctioning. Start,...
  3. Is it better to download all the apps in C drive or in other drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it better to download all the apps in C drive or in other drives?: Hi! I have a dilemma. For example when I want to install an app, at the part when it asks where I want to install it do I should leave it in C or put it somewhere else? Is it true that if I install all the apps in C (instead of other drives) the PC will become slower? Thanks...
  4. Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will resetting windows 10 wipe the data on other drives?: I need to reset my windows 10 and i have no problem with clearing all apps and data on my C drive where windows is installed. But i want my data on other drives safe. If i select delete all data option while resetting, will i still get my files on other drives ?...
  5. Microsoft Store and other Apps gone after Reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and other Apps gone after Reset: I reset my Windows 10 pro on accident...I meant to refresh it. Now I don't haver Microsoft Store or several other third party apps and I can't open pics or other basic functions??? I've tried using Power Shell also....
  6. Windows 10 can't see other drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 can't see other drives: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit onto its own dedicated SSD. In my PC there are three other SSDs: -A Windows 7 installation -A clone of the Windows 7 installation -A general storage drive, formatted as NTFS In BIOS I can see all three of the above...
  7. Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reset Windows 10 - apps on other drives: According to MS (and elsewhere) if you use a Recovery drive to "Reset" your PC - and you elect to keep your own personal files, it will still be necessary to re-install apps after Reset. Is this true of apps that were installed on a drive other than the Windows (normally C:)...
  8. Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Moving APP to another Drive "Delete other apps, to use this drive the other apps must be...: I am trying to move a game form one drive to another. I have a lot of very important information on my other drive and don't want to delete anything. What other apps does it want to uninstall, is it safe to do so?...
  9. Will windows 10 reset - delete everything option wipe my other drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will windows 10 reset - delete everything option wipe my other drives?: Hi, I want to format my PC using the windows 10 reset function and it gives an option to wipe everything, as in all the data. I have several other hard drives connected internally and externally, will they be affected by the wipe? I only want to format and erase all data...
  10. Reset App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset App in Windows 10: How to: Reset App in Windows 10 How to Reset an App in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 14328, you can now reset a default Windows app included with Windows 10 from Settings if the app gets into a bad state. The Reset feature allows you to either try to...