Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeorgeCB, Jun 16, 2019.

1. GeorgeCB Win User

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can be changed/ deleted to restore this.

Many thanks

George

:)

GeorgeCB, Jun 16, 2019

2. monitor text and background colours

I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop).
    How do I accomplish this?

A white screen background is tiring on the eyes, and disturbs one's circadian rhythm.

NormanHughes, Jun 16, 2019
  3. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

monitor text and background colours

Thanks Dave. With a bit of fiddling I got there. I downloaded the latest version, and successfully changed the screen setting. I now have a black background with white text and coloured icons. However, this present screen has a white background
    with black letters: is that the norm for Thunderbird?

With thanks,

Norman.

NormanHughes, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

1. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings - Similar Threads - Reset background text

2. Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and seem to have this really annoying bug when I set a wallpaper: When I set a picture as the wallpaper and restart Windows, it resets to a solid color. I have tried many things online but nothing seems to work such as:- DISM.exe clean-...
  3. Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Background keeps resetting my background to a solid colour: I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and seem to have this really annoying bug when I set a wallpaper: When I set a picture as the wallpaper and restart Windows, it resets to a solid color. I have tried many things online but nothing seems to work such as:- DISM.exe clean-...
  4. background setting default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  5. background setting default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background setting default: background setting default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-setting-default/a2b579b3-6526-42a8-abd2-f468b21527b9
  6. Windows reset my colour settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reset my colour settings: Idk if it was an update or what but i turn on ky pc, log in and bam, windows is trying to choke me out with its **** 365 stuff, i thought thats weird that usually only happens once then after i say "no **** off" like 50 times to any offer that no one would ever want and i...
  7. reset colours to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset colours to default: How can I restore my colours to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-colours-to-default/cf585063-c252-4cba-b329-54e8e53db926
  8. Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings

Reset Windows 10 background and text colours to default settings: I've had several problems resetting Windows 10 over the past few days. Having almost sorted things out, I need to restore the default background theme and colours. I stupidly made some changes but now I cannot see the text in the search box. Is there a registry entry that can...
  9. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  10. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229