Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 but keep Data

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 but keep Data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have my old laptop that I am trying to salvage. It looks like it has some registry data corruption and I've finally given up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HazKS, Oct 18, 2020.

1. HazKS Win User

Reset Windows 10 but keep Data

Hello everyone,

I have my old laptop that I am trying to salvage. It looks like it has some registry data corruption and I've finally given up on trying to fix it. I do not have the recovery software anymore from when I bought the laptop. Therefore I do not also know what the cd key that was used on it.

I want to save the data, the documents, login information, and also the apps as I don't know my key for office that is also installed on it.

What is the best course of action to do this? I have read some conflicting things about if the MediaCreationTool is able to do this. Some sites say I need my license key to complete this properly. Are there any options to get a fresh install of Windows 10 with my situation?

Thanks in advance

:)

HazKS, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset Windows 10 but keep Data - Similar Threads - Reset keep Data

2. My PC's data keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My PC's data keeps resetting: I'm have a problem with my PC, where every time it dies and I power it back on it powers off. Last thing I did was install a game then it died so I charged it and powered it back on, and when I did it reset my data when I'm logging in it says setting up windows, it annoying...
  3. My PC's data keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC's data keeps resetting: I'm have a problem with my PC, where every time it dies and I power it back on it powers off. Last thing I did was install a game then it died so I charged it and powered it back on, and when I did it reset my data when I'm logging in it says setting up windows, it annoying...
  4. My PC's data keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  6. Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...

Does option to keep user files for Windows 10 Reset keep data for all users if there are...: We need to reset a laptop with multiple users Domain Users . Does the "Reset and keep all user data" option save the data for all users, including the domain users, or just the primary local user on the laptop?...
  7. Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Resetting Windows (keeping “personal files”) Delete Game Data?: It says that apps will be uninstalled, including my games. Will the data files for the games be deleted too? Or will I be able to reinstall the game and keep my data? I want to back it up to another drive but I can’t transfer 500gb in less than a couple hours with this POS...
  8. my pc keeps resetting all data

in Windows 10 Customization
    my pc keeps resetting all data: my pc keeps reseting all data every time i turn the pc off or reboost it goes like if i just bought it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-resetting-all-data/a109dfac-51d9-4d50-bbb9-8608d83ff5db
  9. Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data

Resetting windows 10 but keeping all apps, programs, settings and data: I had installed an update that ruined my pc as it broke discord, and the settings app wont open. the emoji menu, paste menu and the windows speech to text menu win+h wont open. I partially fixed it with startup repair and settings opens. discord opens after a reinstall. But...
  10. Lost data when reset Windows 10

Lost data when reset Windows 10: Hi everybodyI lost data when resetting Windows 10, is there a way to recover the lost data?thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-when-reset-windows-10/d11c2a30-1610-49c2-857b-42f09678b4d5