Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely?

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just got a new 1080p monitor, down from 4K. Some apps are still trying to scale like I'm using a 4K monitor and are blurry, including parts of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a5920, Mar 29, 2020.

1. /u/a5920 Win User

Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely?

Just got a new 1080p monitor, down from 4K. Some apps are still trying to scale like I'm using a 4K monitor and are blurry, including parts of Windows itself. Is there a way to reset the DPI settings in its entirety without resetting Windows?

submitted by /u/a5920
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a5920, Mar 29, 2020

2. Override high DPI scalling behavior settings not saving after a reboot

Hello Jorge,

Changes in the configuration settings can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue upon changing the drop-down options under Scaling performed by?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we have an entire support article dedicated to repair Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices. To view this article, click on this
    link and follow the tips and steps provided on it.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Zedrick Del, Mar 29, 2020
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely?

How do I set to 96 dpi in Windows 10

I figured it out myself and for others who want the answer please read the following.

Please follow the procedure below to change the dpi to 96 in Window 10.

• On the desktop page right click and chose View.
    • from the submenu chose Small Icons.
    • Your display resolution is set to 96 dpi.

SteveCurtice, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely?

1. Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely? - Similar Threads - Reset DPI settings

2. High DPI settings for windows system dialogs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High DPI settings for windows system dialogs: I'm using Win11, and some of system dialogs looks blurryFor other program it can be fixed in exe-file-properties->Compatibility->Change high DPI settings dialogBut for system dialogs, for instance network adapter properties, which is displayed by dllhost.exe - there is no...
  3. High DPI settings for windows system dialogs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High DPI settings for windows system dialogs: I'm using Win11, and some of system dialogs looks blurryFor other program it can be fixed in exe-file-properties->Compatibility->Change high DPI settings dialogBut for system dialogs, for instance network adapter properties, which is displayed by dllhost.exe - there is no...
  4. Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%?: Any way to set Windows 10 Dpi below 100%? Im talking about version1809 so old methods where working for this are not working anynmore here in this version, if anyones knows how to do this even with 3rd party application plish tell me, thanks. - 123339
  5. Windows 10 19H1 update to come with DPI setting improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 update to come with DPI setting improvements: Microsoft’s last update to Windows 10 addressed the app scaling problem and improved the overall experience. The app scaling has been a quite problem in Windows 10 as many users have reported issues where the Win32 programs render incorrectly and become blurry due to DPI...
  6. DPI Settings

DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  7. DPI setting for logon screen

DPI setting for logon screen: This seems to be a simple question, but I haven't found a straightforward answer in here: How do I change the DPI setting that Windows uses on the logon screen (say, right after a restart, before a user has logged in), so that it matches the user's DPI setting? The reason I...
  8. Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown: Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no scaling factor set (i.e. DPI scaling at 100%). Every time I restart my laptop the factor sets to 125%. I am able to move it down...
  9. 10074 DPI settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    10074 DPI settings??: I cannot figure out where the DPI settings have gone in this version, and google is not helping either. No matter what I change, everything is staying small. Anyone know where they have moved this configuration? 5975
  10. DPI Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    DPI Settings Not Working: We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The desktop is extended across all 3 screens. I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" settings as follows:...