Windows 10: Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone

Discus and support Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After reinstalling win 10 pro i get the error/msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone aswell... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GERRIT-POOT, May 4, 2021.

1. Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone

After reinstalling win 10 pro i get the error/msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone aswell

:)

GERRIT-POOT, May 4, 2021

2. getting MSVCR100.dll missing error message.

Question

• Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone [​IMG]

Applies to

31 views getting MSVCR100.dll missing error message.

RI

asked on

• Insider

getting a MSVCR100.dll missing message. How do I correct this?

Your suggestions for downloading isn't working at all. I'm still getting the MSVCR100.dll missing error message. This is extremely frustrating and I need help

RickMazzola, May 4, 2021
  3. Kroltan Win User
    MSVCR100.dll missing, but it is present

First of all, I have downloaded the runtimes suggested in the following answers:

Which are basically the same, but indicating different versions of the Visual C++ runtime. I tried all combinations of all versions of both 32 and 64 bit runtimes.

This is not a duplicate of either because the problem still ocurrs.

I have recently installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on a new drive, but when trying to run some programs from the old drive, I get "DLL missing" errors for MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll.

My first instinct was installing the Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable, but this had no avail. After checking out the answers above, I found later versions of it, but the result was the same. The DLLs were appropriately placed by the installers in the SysWOW64 and System32 folders, yet the programs fail to detect them.

The programs in question are Steam (which despite the errors, still works, except for game updates) and CEMU (which doesn't open at all). I also hear the Windows "error sound" when turning off / restarting the computer, presumably due to those "missing" DLLs.

UPDATE

Even placing the DLLs directly beside the program and running it still causes errors.

Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone oCGb7.png

Kroltan, May 4, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone

Error message MSVCR100.dll

What programs can't you open?

On my Win 10 Pro X64 system, msvcr100.dll is in quite a few places:

Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone [​IMG]

If you install Everything Search then use it to look for msvcr100.dll you can see all the places it is on your computer and maybe copy from one to the System32 or SysWOW64 directory if that is missing.

Ztruker, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone

1. Reset windows 10 Pro /msvcr100.dll is missing error and my windows defender is gone - Similar Threads - Reset Pro msvcr100

2. Missing MSVCR100.DLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing MSVCR100.DLL: Hello all,While I'm trying to install program I get this message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I have tried all possible solutions on the internet and youtube. Reinstalling seeems...
  3. Missing MSVCR100.DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing MSVCR100.DLL: Hello all,While I'm trying to install program I get this message "The program can't start because MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" I have tried all possible solutions on the internet and youtube. Reinstalling seeems...
  4. msvcr100 dll missing windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msvcr100 dll missing windows 11: hi i can not seem to install anything as it is coming up with missing msvcr100.dll i have reinstalled all the visual packages,reinstalled windows 11 from a clean download from microsoft site and also ran the following command prompts sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  5. msvcr100 dll missing windows 11

msvcr100 dll missing windows 11: hi i can not seem to install anything as it is coming up with missing msvcr100.dll i have reinstalled all the visual packages,reinstalled windows 11 from a clean download from microsoft site and also ran the following command prompts sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. Windows 11 Missing MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Missing MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL: i have tried repairing all of the packages and i reinstalled 2015 - 2022 I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-missing-msvcr100dll-and-msvcp100dll/93737f62-db4c-4d9e-ab61-89d60dd52f05
  7. Windows 11 Missing MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL

Windows 11 Missing MSVCR100.DLL and MSVCP100.DLL: i have tried repairing all of the packages and i reinstalled 2015 - 2022 I dont know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-missing-msvcr100dll-and-msvcp100dll/93737f62-db4c-4d9e-ab61-89d60dd52f05
  8. MSVCR100.dll missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCR100.dll missing: Hello can someone please help me.I just installed counter strike source but when I launched the game it said MSVCR100.dll is missing. Can someone tell me what this is and how can I get it??...
  9. missing msvcr100.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    missing msvcr100.dll: why is msvcr100.dll missing and how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-msvcr100dll/a9fb2f07-417f-4a54-a1c8-1af38586f951
  10. Error message MSVCR100.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message MSVCR100.dll: How do I fix this error message. It says something is missing and cannot open certain programs. Checked on line but Windows 10 fix is not listed. 15397