Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 & Update to the latest version in one go

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 & Update to the latest version in one go in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1607. Windows update is broken here - asks to reboot to update daily, fails at 80% - we couldn't finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ondratra, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Ondratra Win User

Reset Windows 10 & Update to the latest version in one go

Hello,

I have a laptop with Windows 10 version 1607. Windows update is broken here - asks to reboot to update daily, fails at 80% - we couldn't finish updates, reverting changes. It's trying to install ''Update for Windows 10, version 1803" and "KB4093119" (manually installing this KB results in the same error). Note that it sometimes shows error 0x80070003 in settings.

I'd like to ask if is it possible to reset Windows (remove all files and apps) and update from an flash disk with Windows 1803, without removing the license key (Performing an in-place update fails with the same error).

I have dual boot with Arch Linux but I can remove that if necessary.

Ondratra

(Sorry for bad English)

:)

Ondratra, Sep 5, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Sep 5, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Reset Windows 10 & Update to the latest version in one go capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Windows 10 & Update to the latest version in one go - Similar Threads - Reset Update latest

2. Stuck in Windows 10 1703 version, unable to update to the latest one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Windows 10 1703 version, unable to update to the latest one: Hello, recently i´ve been trying to update to the latest windows version, but im unable to, since the updates keep failing, i migrated from windows 7 to 10, i have been experiencing various errors when trying to open a app, so thats why i wanted to update it, i have thought...
  3. Stuck in Windows 10 1703 version, unable to update to the latest one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in Windows 10 1703 version, unable to update to the latest one: Hello, recently i´ve been trying to update to the latest windows version, but im unable to, since the updates keep failing, i migrated from windows 7 to 10, i have been experiencing various errors when trying to open a app, so thats why i wanted to update it, i have thought...
  4. Stuck in Windows 10 1703 version, unable to update to the latest one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update

Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update: I recently installed the latest MS Win10 version 2004 update. It seems to be very slow loading, running, even Edge takes nearly 1 full minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?...
  6. Windows 10 not updating to the latest version.

Windows 10 not updating to the latest version.: Hi, I have tried updating to the latest version. 1903. I have tried many times. I even tried a clean install. I have removed my antivirus software as suggested. The last time it tried to install window update. This line came up = 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 The installation...
  7. windows update latest one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update latest one: Windows update latest one 13/05/2020 when Iinstalled this update my activation no longer appears linked to your microsoft acount Ibelieve it is still activated. In control panel it states not activated I uninstalled the update and linled to microsoft account read ok?? Help...
  8. Update to the latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to the latest version of Windows 10: So my windows version is 1803 and the latest version is 1909 and when I try to update it installs and tries to update only to revert updates back in the end. What could be the solution to this weird problem? Also when I troubleshoot windows update it displays that there could...
  9. I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and then reset Windows to factory default. It...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and then reset Windows to factory default. It...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thapman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbwzyg/i_updated_to_the_latest_version_of_windows_10_and/
  10. go back to earlier version of windows after latest update

go back to earlier version of windows after latest update: I get a message when try to go back to earlier version of windows after October upgrade that I cannot go back as my upgrade was more than 10 days old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. re set to the last version

2. how to reset windows 10 to the latest version