Windows 10: Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

Discus and support Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good evening I am currently an Windows 7 Professional user, and I was seriously considering to jump to Windows 10. After upgrading, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wiss, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Wiss Win User

Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

Good evening

I am currently an Windows 7 Professional user, and I was seriously considering to jump to Windows 10.

After upgrading, I was thinking in doing a factory reset, in order to try to mimic a clean install of the system. When exploring the options on Internet, I discovered an option to clean de drives completely.

Currently I have 2 drives, my C unit where the OS and most of my software is, and a D drive, in which I have my music, documents, videos and other files not relevant for the system itself.

If I select the options to clean the drives, will it delete both drives or just the C drive?

Thanks in advance

:)

Wiss, Feb 3, 2016
  2. WMWII Win User

microsoft family questions

All Microsoft Family functions were restored by removing accounts and reinstalling them, BUT only after resetting Windows 10. (Reset was needed because the December Windows 10 update caused irreparable problems. Note to other users: resetting Windows
    10 retains files on hard drive but wipes away all apps/programs installed since factory.)

WMWII, Feb 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update removing all documents and emails every time

Hi,

Every update of Windows 10 since 22 Feb 2018 has wiped all my saved documents; wiped all my emails and email settings in Thunderbird; all personal settings. I do not want windows 10 to update it is so frustrating. PLEASE give me a solution to this as in
    the last 3 weeks I have had to reset all the settings and emails about 8 times.

TameshaGardner, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Wiss, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you select all drives as step 6 below while doing a reset, it will delete all files from all drives connected to the PC.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    If you want to be certain not to accidentally delete files on D drive, then disconnecting D drive before commencing reset absolutely guarantees that (if you do not want to do that, backing up the data is a good plan as crap happens - also you should do this anyway in case disk fails).

cereberus, Feb 3, 2016
  6. I agree. There's no possible way to delete anything from your D drive if it is disconnected from the system. I have all of my systems configured this way, with a C drive for OS and apps, then D for data. I always disconnect my D drive in any tower computer just to be sure.

DeaconFrost, Feb 3, 2016
  7. Wiss Win User
    Sorry for the late reply. I finally upgraded with no issues on the upgrade itself.

Thanks!

Wiss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files? - Similar Threads - Reset Wipe files

2. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  3. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  4. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer wiped all my files

computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  6. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wiped all my files: Hi,I'm here to ask a serious problem. I got a computer which is 4 years old now, its a bit laggy but still performing well. Earlier I'm using it to do my homework but it hang up, so I restarted it. After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting...
  7. computer wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Will reseting windows 10 wipe the PC apps?

Will reseting windows 10 wipe the PC apps?: Hi. I recently tried to download an mp4 file from the internet and put it on a flash drive so I can watch later. After plugging in the flash drive again my computer started lagging and slowing down that I had to turn off the power supply in order to shut it off. I turned it...
  9. Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?: Help me. I have another account in the PC for all other stuff. And I don't want to lose the files in there, I just need to reset my main account I use. If it does, is there a way to reset the account only? submitted by /u/TheNitrogen [link] [comments]...
  10. Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does a windows 10 reset wipe all emails within outlook?: I need to rest my windows 10 pc, but I'm concerned that all my old emails will get wiped and I won't be able to retrieve them. I know I can keep personal folders, but will it delete all my emails?...