Windows 10: Reset windows 10 with USB custom partitions

Discus and support Reset windows 10 with USB custom partitions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, im on the bit where you can delete and format partitions. I dont know what to do i have heard you delete them but i dont know. Please can someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Glattic, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Glattic Win User

Reset windows 10 with USB custom partitions

Hey, im on the bit where you can delete and format partitions. I dont know what to do i have heard you delete them but i dont know. Please can someone tell me what to do. i want a new fresh install of windows as i could not reset with factory settings because it said something failed and we cannot reset and no changes was made

:)

Glattic, Jun 9, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 9, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Reset windows 10 with USB custom partitions - Similar Threads - Reset USB custom

2. New partition showing after USB Flash reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New partition showing after USB Flash reset.: Hey everyone, I did a reset of my laptop because it might've been infected by something.When I loaded the USB Flash and asked me to what drive I wanted to install Windows 11 I saw 5 partitions. I formatted the main drive and I saw a recovery drive, since I didn't need the...
  3. New partition showing after USB Flash reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New partition showing after USB Flash reset.: Hey everyone, I did a reset of my laptop because it might've been infected by something.When I loaded the USB Flash and asked me to what drive I wanted to install Windows 11 I saw 5 partitions. I formatted the main drive and I saw a recovery drive, since I didn't need the...
  4. Windows 10 Custom Installation USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Custom Installation USB: Hi. I have an Asus X551MA laptop with Windows 10/ 500GB HD/ 4GB RAM/ Intel Celeron N2815A few days ago I installed FL Studio 20 and it made some changes into Windows registry. A few Command Prompt-like windows appeared but not actually command prompt, and some unknown...
  5. Windows 10 Reset on a Custom PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Reset on a Custom PC: I’m in the process of building a new PC. I plan on giving my old custom PC to my dad. I am wondering how to reset everything on the computer to a fresh boot of Windows 10 so that he has a clean slate to work with. Is this possible? If so, can someone tell me how to go about...
  6. Resetting Windows 10 with Partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting Windows 10 with Partitions: I wonder if it is possible to reset my Windows 10 Home, have some setting issues error msg that some settings are hidden or managed by my organization-which is false as I am the sole user, owner and admin of my laptop-been unable to find any hopeful resolve other than last...
  7. USB Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Partitions: I have a 128GB USB Drive, and I read on the internet that since version 1703, Windows can identify multiple USB partitions but I'm unable to create a second partition through Disk Management or any third party software. My laptop is running Windows 10 Home, v1903, os build...
  8. Custom Reset

Custom Reset: I'm wishing to reset my laptop but i have some apps that i don't want to get rid of, mainly my paid Office and my third party anti- virus. Is there a way that i can choose to reset keeping my personal files and Office. I know that you can choose to reset and keep your...
  9. Custom Recovery Partition

Custom Recovery Partition: Hello, I have a fresh intalled Win-10 NVMe P50 with all necessary drivers etc. All factory partitions were deleted before installing Win-10. Was wondering how to create a Recovery Partition that would work like Lenovo factory system does when one restores system to...
  10. Build USB Stick with Custom Windows 10

Build USB Stick with Custom Windows 10: Hey, can anybody help me? I would create a USB Stick (bootable) with a Customized Windows 10 Image. The customized windows 10 image is running in Virtual Box and i search a solution to capture this windows 10 image. I have tried the solution from kari (Windows 10...