Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 without admin password

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 without admin password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey have an old company laptop from when I upgraded. Our team can’t remember the admin password and was told to keep to do as I wish. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Petes_revenge, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Reset Windows 10 without admin password

Hey have an old company laptop from when I upgraded. Our team can’t remember the admin password and was told to keep to do as I wish. I would like to use this computer for my wife but not sure how to reset it with out the admin password.

Is there a way to reset the laptop to factory settings without the admin password?

submitted by /u/Petes_revenge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Petes_revenge, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Reset Windows 10 without admin password

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Try3, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Reset Windows 10 without admin password

1. Reset Windows 10 without admin password - Similar Threads - Reset without admin

2. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  3. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  4. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help resetting a computer without admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help resetting a computer without admin password: Hello. To not take up to much of your time, I will cut to the chase.I received a PC from my father a while back, but it was a used computer. And whoever owned it previously, didn't factory reset it. And my dad not being the most tech savvy guy around, didn't think to check....
  6. Help resetting a computer without admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help resetting a computer without admin password: Hello. To not take up to much of your time, I will cut to the chase.I received a PC from my father a while back, but it was a used computer. And whoever owned it previously, didn't factory reset it. And my dad not being the most tech savvy guy around, didn't think to check....
  7. Help resetting a computer without admin password

8. Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms: I recently forgot my windows 10 password, And i tried to reset it with the system image recovery method. But it kept asking me the password. How can i reset my password without losing my data?...
  9. Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms

Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms: I recently forgot my windows 10 password, And i tried to reset it with the system image recovery method. But it kept asking me the password. How can i reset my password without losing my data?...
  10. Reseting windows 10 password without admin perms

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security