Windows 10: Reset windows 10

Discus and support Reset windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got windows 10. After the latest update, I have two problems: 1) after login on my account I get a black window and after one o two restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mark1970, Mar 17, 2020.

1. mark1970 Win User

Reset windows 10

Hi, I've got windows 10. After the latest update, I have two problems: 1) after login on my account I get a black window and after one o two restart finally I can see the icons 2) anyway, some app no longer work and if I try to reinstall I get the message "installation directory must be on a local drive" even if the C disk exists! I'm thinking about to reset initial OS windows 10 but during reinstall I'm asked to insert any administration password? I've got only my account password. Thanks in advance!

:)

mark1970, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Reset windows 10

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Reset windows 10

1. Reset windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reset

2. I need to reset my computer before giving it away.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to reset my computer before giving it away.: I removed all of my files and the ran CCleaner to wipe the free spaces with 7 over-writes. I have tried resetting my computer 2 times and on the restart I get a message the reset failed and no changes were made to the computer. I still have windows and the Edge browser, but...
  3. Help needed, can't reset to Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed, can't reset to Windows 10 S: A few days ago I bought a laptop (Lenovo Yoga C630) which came with Windows 10S, which is ofcourse, shit. I looked online and found a few verification keys that were supossed to activate Windows 10 Home. I tried them and they seemed to work. Uuunnntil they didn't. It started...
  4. Windows 10 Reset not complete

Windows 10 Reset not complete: Hello all, I tried to reset my laptop and it got stuck on 92%, then I clicked cancel cause I thought to restart my machine but after I clicked restart it then went to "Windows getting ready. Don't turn off your computer." I'm worried that this will cause major damage....
  5. Windows 10: How to Fix "Failed to Reset"

Windows 10: How to Fix "Failed to Reset": I'm attempting to reset my computer and delete all settings and apps only. However, when I do so, it keeps saying "failed to reset." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-fix-failed-to-reset/baabc317-654f-4b8b-8fa2-6037ab769735
  6. I factory reset for recycle

I factory reset for recycle: Hello, I recentlly received a computer used for a business that my friend owned. After it closed down she gave me the laptop, I factory reset it for “recycling” and when I opened my laptop, I am not able to open settings and have no way to access the internet. If anyone could...
  7. There was a problem resetting your PC, No changes were made.

There was a problem resetting your PC, No changes were made.: Last night my windows got hit by a Data Incryption Ransomware and after removing the corrupted files with Malwarebytes Anti-virus I thought it would be better if I wipe out my drivesas I've got no precious files in it and right now in no position to pay the ransome but when I...
  8. How to Fix Failed System OS Reset

How to Fix Failed System OS Reset: I have tried twice to reset my OS after repeated Blue Screens over the past couple of weeks. First from Settings and the second time from Advanced Startup where I had to enter my BitLocker Code to my hard drive before it would continue with the OS reset. The reset appeared to...
  9. Reset services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset services: how to fully reset services in my windows 10 ? Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-services/9d0500a9-0642-41aa-a327-f069264da04e
  10. Windows10 PowerToys - Reset Keyboard Shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 PowerToys - Reset Keyboard Shortcuts.: Hello All, I wondered if anyone knows how to reset the shortcuts and settings on FancyZone on windows10 power toys. I have tried uninstalling the application. I did a quick search in AppData and equally couldn' t see any reg keys. In the FancyZones interface, it won't...