Windows 10: reset windows credentials

Discus and support reset windows credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have no idea what the password is to my windows credentials. How do I reset it? There is no old password, I just want to reset the password. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeffroth2, Sep 18, 2019.

1. jeffroth2 Win User

reset windows credentials

I have no idea what the password is to my windows credentials. How do I reset it? There is no old password, I just want to reset the password. I have not found any solution that does not require information I do not have.

:)

jeffroth2, Sep 18, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Sep 18, 2019
  4. reset windows credentials

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

reset windows credentials

1. reset windows credentials - Similar Threads - reset credentials

2. Why after reset windows 10 Version 1903, the installation appear Error Code "Invalid Opcode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why after reset windows 10 Version 1903, the installation appear Error Code "Invalid Opcode...: After I reset windows 10 version 1903, i reinstall application, but installation cannot be processed which appear "Installation Corrupted: Invalid Opcode for Line Application" and "Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Set Up is aborted. Error 5: Access is...
  3. Windows 10 not activated, did a windows recovery reset, how to activate after reset?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not activated, did a windows recovery reset, how to activate after reset?: I had instability problems with my pc. I noticed also, that my Windows 10 OS became inactivated. I had upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 a few years ago. With instablity and non active Windows 10 OS, I dediced to do a Recovery: Reset. After the Reset install of Windows...
  4. Display Setting's Reset on Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Setting's Reset on Boot: Hello, I'm having this issue with my new setup. motherboard: msi b450 tomahawk max CPU: amd 3600 GPU: MSI 2070 Super x Trio OS: windows 10 Primary Display: Aorus AD27QD (Display Port) Secondary Display: hp 23xi (HDMI) so the problem is, sometimes i get a very long...
  5. How to automate resetting the adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to automate resetting the adapter?: Hi, My Wifi connection periodically drops internet connection. It shows connected but no internet and resetting seems to fix it. I know I should find the real fix instead of a workaround but until then can someone tell me the list of commands to reset it when that happens?...
  6. Bitlocker locked me out and I want to reset

Bitlocker locked me out and I want to reset: So, I don’t ever remember turning BitLocker on, but when I turned my computer on this morning I was told it has encrypted my drive and I need the recovery key to continue. Given the fact I never set this up, I don’t have the recovery key. At this point I have spent about 2...
  7. is the verfify code for reseting passwords fixed yet?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is the verfify code for reseting passwords fixed yet?: is the system Microsoft uses to send a temp password when you try to reset your Hotmail password or liveMail or visual studio password fixed yet? there is a ticket by me, and engineers supposed to be working on it....
  8. No Password, can't factory reset due to not enough disc space

No Password, can't factory reset due to not enough disc space: Hello. My name is RJ. Here is my problem: My friend has given me a RCA laptop with a detachable keyboard running Windows 10. Unfortunately, his son got his hands on it before he gave it to me and put a password on it, and now I can't get passed the login screen, and I can't...
  9. reset problem

reset problem: I could not reset my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-problem/e1cb4356-5ab4-4084-80c3-1457afbb5528
  10. I have reinstall windows 10, after resetting to Windows 8.1. after windows credentials kept...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have reinstall windows 10, after resetting to Windows 8.1. after windows credentials kept...: I am in the windows insider program. I recently reinstall windows 10, after generic windows credentials kept reappearing after I removed them. I changed my password for Microsoft account, and other passwords. Microsoft advised me to do that after they discovered someone...