Windows 10: Reset Windows

Discus and support Reset Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, My laptop has single 1 Tb HDD and I created 3 partitions out of that C, D and E. My OS is in C drive When I choose to reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akhil Sunkari, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Reset Windows

Hello Everyone,

My laptop has single 1 Tb HDD and I created 3 partitions out of that C, D and E. My OS is in C drive

When I choose to reset the computer I got two options

1. Keep my files

2. Remove everything

I choose option 2, then iy says your PC has more than one drive then two options

1. Only the drive where windows is installed

2. All drives

I choose option 1 to clean only the drive with windows Then I get

1. Just remove my files

2. Remove files and clean the drive

So does above 2 options only clean and format my C drive or all the drives in the HDD..

Every thread i see have single drive and options are good but how does it work for my situation with 3 drives on single HDD.

:)

Akhil Sunkari, Mar 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 1, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 1, 2020
  4. newfellow Win User

Reset Windows

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Reset Windows

1. Reset Windows - Similar Threads - Reset

2. I keep getting "the connection was reset" error when searching for anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting "the connection was reset" error when searching for anything.: I recently moved rooms in my apartment and have been running into this issue daily since. I am using the same Ethernet and router. I've been able to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling chrome but not everytime and it is getting annoying. I am using an Ethernet which is...
  3. I keep getting "the connection was reset" error when searching for anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting "the connection was reset" error when searching for anything.: I recently moved rooms in my apartment and have been running into this issue daily since. I am using the same Ethernet and router. I've been able to fix this by uninstalling and reinstalling chrome but not everytime and it is getting annoying. I am using an Ethernet which is...
  4. I keep getting "the connection was reset" error when searching for anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A USB port reset request failed.

A USB port reset request failed.: I have a Wifi usb adapter but I can't use it because Windows doesn't recognise itI have Realtek drivers installed and restarted my pc many times and checked for windows updated but nothingPlease help...
  6. A USB port reset request failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A USB port reset request failed.: I have a Wifi usb adapter but I can't use it because Windows doesn't recognise itI have Realtek drivers installed and restarted my pc many times and checked for windows updated but nothingPlease help...
  7. How to reset/change old laptop device password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset/change old laptop device password?: Who can I contact for password support? I am trying to log into an old laptop device associated with my account, but I can't remember my password. Is there a way I can reset password from another computer/device? Who can assist me with this?I would like to reset password...
  8. How to reset/change old laptop device password?

How to reset/change old laptop device password?: Who can I contact for password support? I am trying to log into an old laptop device associated with my account, but I can't remember my password. Is there a way I can reset password from another computer/device? Who can assist me with this?I would like to reset password...
  9. How to reset/change old laptop device password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page

Self-Service Password Reset from Windows Sign-In Page: I am trying to deploy SSPR in our environment and whenever we are not connected to the company network and click on the reset password link from the login screen we get an error message "You'll need internet to access this". It seems that whenever we click the password reset...