Windows 10: Reset Windows

Discus and support Reset Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, My laptop has single 1 Tb HDD and I created 3 partitions out of that C, D and E. My OS is in C drive When I choose to reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akhil Sunkari, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Reset Windows

Hello Everyone,

My laptop has single 1 Tb HDD and I created 3 partitions out of that C, D and E. My OS is in C drive

When I choose to reset the computer I got two options

1. Keep my files

2. Remove everything

I choose option 2, then iy says your PC has more than one drive then two options

1. Only the drive where windows is installed

2. All drives

I choose option 1 to clean only the drive with windows Then I get

1. Just remove my files

2. Remove files and clean the drive

So does above 2 options only clean and format my C drive or all the drives in the HDD..

Every thread i see have single drive and options are good but how does it work for my situation with 3 drives on single HDD.

:)

Akhil Sunkari, Mar 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 1, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 1, 2020
  4. newfellow Win User

Reset Windows

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Reset Windows

1. Reset Windows - Similar Threads - Reset

2. pc reset black screen help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc reset black screen help: so my pc was becoming slow so i reset my pc with no files or apps on it so it was resetting and a error came up your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart so i held the power button down and turned it back on and is was done but when i sighed in my background was black...
  3. Remove logging in with Hotmail password to Windows and reset login through password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove logging in with Hotmail password to Windows and reset login through password: About a month ago I logged into my Hotmail account in my Windows 10 computer to install some apps from Windows store. It also asked me to set a login PIN which I did. Now everytime I login it asks me to enter the PIN which I had set. Now I don't want this feature. I just want...
  4. Resetting PC fails at 55%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting PC fails at 55%: I recently accidentally installed a virus on my computer, and while I was able to get rid of it, and fix some problems, there are some problems that I can't fix. So I thought I would just reset my computer while keeping all my files. When I click reset my PC, it starts the...
  5. Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc: I recently wanted to reinstall my Nvidia gpu because if that my Windows crashes and the start-up dots start at the exact same position every boot, now I would try to reset it either keeping personal files or fully resetting it, I have no access to my license or Windows cd...
  6. Computer Reset - OOBE error code

Computer Reset - OOBE error code: I have been trying to reset my dell laptop and I get to logging into my Microsoft account then a blue screen that says: "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now OOBEMSAHELLO I've clicked the try again button but I continue to receive the above...
  7. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.: I downloaded newest Windows 10 update today. After my PC restarted, all of my settings were back to default and I lost my favorites in Microsoft Edge. How do I restore this, and why did this happen in the first place??...
  8. ACPI BIOS ERROR after attempting to reset my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ACPI BIOS ERROR after attempting to reset my PC: I was having some issues with my computer randomly having network timeouts, which was interrupting my games. I tried a few things that didn't work, and then I decided to use the option that usually fixes everything, resetting the PC. The first time I tried the reset was...
  9. Resetting PC

Resetting PC: I am trying to erase everything off my pc but it always says “There was a problem resetting your PC no changes were made”. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pc/ad85f864-0c26-405a-aff6-8053fafc1acb
  10. System fonts has changed to an unreadable format randomly. How to reset to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    System fonts has changed to an unreadable format randomly. How to reset to default?: I logged onto my PC this morning and all my fonts have changed on the desktop, partially to the marlett font and cortana and notepad to the weird shapes forma and no font settings. Now Microsoft help says windows 10 cannot change fonts but clearly it did. I cannot find any...