Windows 10: Reset Windoze 10 PW on Acer laptop OR Delete Windows?

Discus and support Reset Windoze 10 PW on Acer laptop OR Delete Windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, I have 'Acer Aspire R' dual boot running Ubuntu and windows 10. I have not run Windows in a loooong time and now I want to either delete Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mockrun, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Reset Windoze 10 PW on Acer laptop OR Delete Windows?

Ok, I have 'Acer Aspire R' dual boot running Ubuntu and windows 10. I have not run Windows in a loooong time and now I want to either delete Windows off the partition or minimize its footprint. So I have tried to remember the Win PW but cannot enter. BTW, when I installed the duat boot I using 'reFIND' bc of weird Acer roadblocks.

So now I want to gain access to Windows;

1. I used the hint to no avail...
    2. I have tried to use the PW Reset Disk option, to No avail, I plugged in my USB stick and then it said the PW was in e drive and then nothing. This makes me think Win is corrupted.
    3. I have used a Ubuntu based distro to run Petter Hagen's linux 'chntpw' program, http://www.chntpw.com/ . I worked my way into the Windows hd partition, found Windows/System32, BUT it was Empty! No /config folder either. This also makes me think Win is corrupt.

I mentioned 'Acer laptop' bc my buddy, a network admin, said I can't(or really shouldn't) blow windows off the partition. It may screw up my laptop. Is that possibly true?

Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/mockrun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mockrun, Oct 29, 2019

2. Will resetting my acer laptop delete the apps that acer has stored on this laptop?

Acer has stored some files like ace control centre etc. which I do not want to delete while resetting the computer and I want to delete every other file that is stored on this laptop.

RamanDikshant, Oct 29, 2019
  3. stanroy Win User
    Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Oct 29, 2019
  4. TAU
    Tau Win User

Reset Windoze 10 PW on Acer laptop OR Delete Windows?

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

Thema:

Reset Windoze 10 PW on Acer laptop OR Delete Windows?

1. Reset Windoze 10 PW on Acer laptop OR Delete Windows? - Similar Threads - Reset Windoze Acer

2. Admin PW reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin PW reset: When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I am getting this error message?...
  3. Admin PW reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin PW reset: When I follow the steps to change my admin PW after I click on change PW I get a message that says something went wrong try again. Any advice on why I am getting this error message?...
  4. Admin PW reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to reset Acer laptop with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset Acer laptop with Windows 10?: Hello! I have an Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-39US laptop. All updates done, but now it boots up very slowly. (The last time was a month ago) Now I've turned it back on to reset it, but it doesn't show me the Windows interface, has been loading for about 20 minutes. I only got the...
  6. acer windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    acer windows 10 laptop: cannot access excel nor word in laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acer-windows-10-laptop/9ea65a86-1236-4ad9-a5e7-2e56d9926f14
  7. Reset Windows 10 on Acer laptop

Reset Windows 10 on Acer laptop: I bought my son an Acer laptop that came with Windows 10s installed. It is about 15 months old Lately it boots up but crashes to blue screen after a couple of minutes usually with a System Service Exception. No changes I make within that time are saved. I can't get it...
  8. WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP

WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP: EVERYTHING WENT WELL UNTIL I CAME TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY AN RECIEVE CODE KEYBOARDS STOPED WORKING ONLY KEYS WORKING ARE ZVB SO I CAN GO NO FURTHER SHOULD I RESTART...
  9. Resetting Acer laptop

Resetting Acer laptop: Hi im using a USB to reset my laptop. But its stuck on 30% for the last few hours. Before I used the USB my laptop was stuck in a loop and couldnt start/update windows so it would keep resetting. So I downloaded the recovery system from the acer management on another...
  10. Win Vista to Windoze 10

Win Vista to Windoze 10: Is it possible, do I need to buy something, or maybe Bat.1 will give me cr-----k/key?*Sleepy*Sleepy 105707

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer resett windows pw