Windows 10: Reset without recovery key

Discus and support Reset without recovery key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 8. It was unused for a couple of months and ive forgotten my pin and my password. When i try to reset my password it tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lyntmachine, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Reset without recovery key

I have a surface pro 8. It was unused for a couple of months and ive forgotten my pin and my password. When i try to reset my password it tells me "this requires outside media" so i did what it told me to on some forum and it said i needed the bitlocker recovery key.

1. I dont ever remember getting a bitlocker recovery key

2. I dont remember what email i used to set up the laptop

Ive tried the factory reset without recovery key and that didnt work

Ive tried everyrhing i could possibly find on the forum i just want to get into my laptop. I dont care if i have to fully reset it please just help me

:)

Lyntmachine, Oct 28, 2020

2. Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 28, 2020
  3. reset recovery protection key

Hello Paul,

To further assist you, you need to ask the original owner to reset the device and remove it from their account by following the steps below:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.

• Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.

• Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select
      Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.

• When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the
      I've kept a copy of the recovery key
      check box, and then select
      Okay

• Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    If there was no account that was associated with the device, make sure to check your
    Microsoft account.

If the problem still persists, visit the nearest Lumia Care Point Location on your area.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 28, 2020
  4. CNT LM Win User

Reset without recovery key

How to get reset protection recovery key

Hi
    LeandroSpagnol

Most USA phones do not work in Europe.... Diferent Systems.

The reset protection Key in that case is associated to the Microsoft Account of the first owner. The reset protection is a system to make sure that one cannot reset a phone that belongs to someone else and use it. The reset protection is only activated when
    the phone is used, and a Microsoft Account is associated to the device.

When a phone is moved from one person to another a few steps have to be made to make sure that the other person can use it. Here they are:

1. Go to account.microsoft.com/devices;
    2. Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.
    3. Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    4. When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the I've kept a copy of the recovery key check box, and then select Okay.
    5. Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and the recipient can remove Reset Protection during phone set up using the Disable using recovery key option.

Tell the person you purchased the phone from to do that in order that you can use that phone.

CNT LM, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Reset without recovery key

1. Reset without recovery key - Similar Threads - Reset without recovery

2. How to reset Windows without the key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset Windows without the key?: So my 8 year old stepson has a PC and long story short, he installed all kinds of god knows what on it and it's all messed up. There is no way to install any new program (it simply doesn't start any installation app), I CANNOT access Task Manager for shit and can't figure out...
  3. Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help to Decrypt the "D" Drive without recovery Key: Team, I am writing to you to check to get a possible resolution on an existing case with Microsoft O365 & Windows Tech Team. I am not getting a possible solution. Hence, I am writing here to check if anyone in the broader arena can help me to come out from this difficult...
  4. reset PC without wdows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset PC without wdows key: I have an older PC that runs slowly and would like to reset it. I no longer have the disks for windows or office. At the very least I need an operating system after I reset. Can anyone tell me how to get the key on my existing system that is presently running my pc?...
  5. Need recovery key- to Reset Win10 laptop

Need recovery key- to Reset Win10 laptop: Laptop won't start window 10. Tried several times and it hangs with the dots stopping. I'm at the Blue screen asking: Enter the recovery key-to get going again. It has the Recovery Key ID.. can't find the needed Recovery. On the page suggested...
  6. Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?: Is it possible to bitlocker-encrypt a drive and not have a recovery key? Or perhaps make it longer then 48digits? submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehqgup/possible_to_bitlocker_a_drive_without_a_recovery/
  7. Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key

Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key: Hello, I recently changed the secure boot policy on my computer to boot Linux. I contacted my brother, the original owner of the computer and he said he never installed BitLocker, it installed itself. Apparently I need my BitLocker Recovery Key and I have tried every method...
  8. Reset and Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset and Recovery: I have just reset my computer and now I cant find Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Note, Outlook. In short, I cant find any of the Microsoft apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-and-recovery/421f7941-0276-45d0-aec7-754088994f4c
  9. A laptop without available recovery key

A laptop without available recovery key: I bought a computer from my friend. And he removed the device listed in his microsoft account, and I add the device to my account. However, last week, I ask the laptop company to repair my computer and when I get my computer back, it requires me to input the recovery key....
  10. [BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?

[BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?: Hi, is there a way to encrypt a BitLocker drive without generating a recovery key? Other encryption tools such as DiskCryptor/VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt or those found on Linux can simply be used with one PIN, no recovery key required. BitLocker also allows to encrypt using...