Windows 10: Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

Discus and support Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults How to Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults [img] Information There may be times when you may need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

How to: Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

How to Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults [​IMG]
    Information There may be times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One, such as when you sell it or give it to a friend. There may also be times when you want to reset your console's operating system (OS) to its factory defaults for troubleshooting purposes, but you want to keep all of your games and apps installed. Xbox One provides a simple and easy way to perform both actions.

Reference: Reset Xbox One Console to Factory Defaults

This tutorial will show you how to reset your Xbox One or Xbox One S console back to factory defaults.

Warning Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. Your console syncs with Xbox Live automatically when it’s connected with the service, so if you've been offline for a while, you'll need to connect to Xbox Live before taking these steps.

Note If you can't perform the following procedure to restore the factory default settings because you have no picture on your screen or you can't access the Settings menu, you can also perform this action by using a file loaded onto a USB flash drive. For access to the file and the instructions, see How to reset your Xbox One console to factory defaults using a USB flash drive. This option will delete your games and apps as well, so if possible, you should use the steps below.

Here's How:

1. Scroll left from the Home screen to open the guide, select Settings, and select All settings. (see screenshot below)

2. Select System on the left, and select Console info & updates. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Reset console. (see screenshot below)

4. Select either Reset and remove everything or Reset and keep my games & apps for what you want to do. (see screenshot below)

Note Reset and remove everything - This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.

Reset and keep my games & apps - You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.

Cancel - To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

5. Your Xbox One console will now begin the process of erasing the selected content and resetting itself to the default settings. (see screenshot below)

6. When finished, you can set up your Xbox One or Xbox One S console. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2016
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 26, 2019
  3. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

The Xbox guide won't open.Why?!

Hi Oliver,

An Xbox Live service interruption is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error: 0x8027025a when opening the Xbox guide. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the solutions below:

Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status.

If you see any service alerts, kindly wait until the service is up and running and try again.

Solution 2: Start the app again. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select
      Home
    • With the focus on the app tile, select the Menu button.
    • Select Quit.

Solutions 3: Restart your console.

Reset the cache on your Xbox One console by following these steps:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Restart console.
    • Select Yes to confirm.

Solution 4: Reset your console to factory defaults. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select All Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Console info & updates.
    • Select Reset console. On the Reset console screen, select
      Reset and keep my games & apps.

Kindly provide us an update, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Reset Xbox 360 to factory default

My son's xbox 360 cannot connect to xbox live and therefore cannot install updates or allow him to play games. The following is what i know and what ive done. It hs a family security code, which ive tried to turn off, but will only turn off for a minute
    or so. When it is turned off, i have tried to delete my profile which shows corrupt and an update which shows as corrupt. Ive done this by going to settings>storage>profile>delete. I jave tried to run initial set-up, and restore to default. Each time the corrupt
    files reappear. I would like to restore to factory default. Thanks!

Moved from Community Participation Center

KrisShirley, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Emprah Win User
    Resetting to Factory Default?

I have a simple question, I hope. Sometimes people are forced to reset their computer to a factory default setting, like for myself Acer provides a program to do so. My question is thus: Say the 12 month offer ends, and for some reason or another I reset
    to a factory default, can I then re-download the Windows 10 update through Windows?

Emprah, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

1. Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults - Similar Threads - Reset Xbox Factory

2. Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults: Hello everyone this concerns. I have an HP laptop that was manufactured back in July 2016. I want to start using it again. However, the laptops lcd screen is broken and I want to reset it. I went out of my way to do it myself using an external monitor connected using HDMI....
  3. Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults: Hello everyone this concerns. I have an HP laptop that was manufactured back in July 2016. I want to start using it again. However, the laptops lcd screen is broken and I want to reset it. I went out of my way to do it myself using an external monitor connected using HDMI....
  4. Broken Laptop Screen that was reset to factory defaults

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults: Hello, I bought a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL with Windows 10, and when I received it, it had been already turned on by the seller to install modifications. I was aware that something like this might happen. Whoever logged into the laptop to install the modifications...
  6. Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen

Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen: Hello, i had to reset my computer back to factory default due to it previously being my work computer and now im using it for personal use. I have done everything correctly, it said it cleaned up my computer 100%, and now its frozen, it just shows the Dell logo on my screen....
  7. how to reset computer to factory defaults

how to reset computer to factory defaults: I inherited my sister's computer. I would like to start fresh and reset to factory defaults. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-computer-to-factory-defaults/ce82e6cc-8d6b-4fee-b70e-0f6107db0aee
  8. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM: The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore. I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults. The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed. Now it is in a reboot loop. I have tried several times and now it gives...
  9. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10: My computer came with no disks. It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/resetting-computer-to-factory-defaults-with/97b156be-ae08-4bf4-a744-a3cd0ec43e93
  10. Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10: How to: Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 How to Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 A security key (ex: YubiKey) is a physical device that you can use instead of your user name and password to sign in. Since its used in addition to a...