Windows 10: Reseting pc after shady windows install

Discus and support Reseting pc after shady windows install in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I replaced my laptop ssd with a new one I bought at a local repair shop. All important data from the old one was transfered online. A person... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NojusVysniauskas, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Reseting pc after shady windows install

Hello, I replaced my laptop ssd with a new one I bought at a local repair shop. All important data from the old one was transfered online. A person there unpacked, installed the new ssd in front of me and installed windows 10 from an ancient usb drive.

The repair shop seemed a bit shady and I’m not sure if they could’ve installed a malicious copy of windows or malware, or something. I now have windows 10 installed on my pc, but would like to reset/ reinstall it due to the way it was installed.

I’m concidering downloading windows 10 on the same pc from the microsoft website:

microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Or just reseting it via “Reset this PC” in recovery settings

I have windows 10 home on my laptop, I don’t think I’d lose key either way although reseting it via website seems like the better option concidering worst case scenario, although there may not be any difference. I’d prefer not to use an external drive. I have an aorus x7 v7 laptop.

:)

NojusVysniauskas, Aug 11, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Reseting pc after shady windows install

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Reseting pc after shady windows install

1. Reseting pc after shady windows install - Similar Threads - Reseting shady install

2. PC stuck on installing windows 64% after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck on installing windows 64% after reset: I got a new cpu and new ram before I installed it I tried to reset my pc and it got stuck on 2% resetting for 6 hours so I powered off the pc and installed the new cpu and ram and it said it didn’t finish installing windows and it got to 64% and just kept restarting all night...
  3. PC stuck on installing windows 64% after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck on installing windows 64% after reset: I got a new cpu and new ram before I installed it I tried to reset my pc and it got stuck on 2% resetting for 6 hours so I powered off the pc and installed the new cpu and ram and it said it didn’t finish installing windows and it got to 64% and just kept restarting all night...
  4. PC stuck on installing windows 64% after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Shady update Buisness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shady update Buisness: Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed...
  6. Shady update Buisness

Shady update Buisness: Windows, STOP controlling my PC. I am sick of the shady business conducted by your company. You give us the LIE that we can update our system WHEN we want, but then BEHIND our backs you fking have it update anyways.For 3 days now, I have unplugged my internet before bed...
  7. Shady update Buisness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. GotoMeeting will not install properly after Window Reset PC

GotoMeeting will not install properly after Window Reset PC: I have tried this on two windows 10 machines with the same result. After a Reset PC (keeping files, which I understood to mean my documents, pictures and other files. Not system or registry things that should cause this), I installed GTM per their instructions. It installs...
  9. shady hardware swap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shady hardware swap: I recently bought a Lenovo idea pad laptop. immediately after I lost the charging cord. I took laptop to a small tech shop to get a cord. the guy plugged in 3 or 4 cords announced that my chaging port was bad and tht he would change it no charge.30 minute later he was still...
  10. Driver installation after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver installation after Reset PC: Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC? 24618