Windows 10: reseting, recovering

Discus and support reseting, recovering in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to reset my windows, by creating a windows media drive since my other reset options were not working, unfortunately lost the data that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SAFIYUDHEENA, Mar 29, 2019.

1. reseting, recovering

I was trying to reset my windows, by creating a windows media drive since my other reset options were not working, unfortunately lost the data that was currently in the external hard drive. is there any option to recover them?

:)

SAFIYUDHEENA, Mar 29, 2019

2. How to Reset & Recover Microsoft Account

This Forum article walks you through the account password reset, account recovery process, and offers tips and tricks to help get you into your account as quickly as possible.

A Microsoft
    account (formerly knowns as Windows Live ID) is what you use to sign in to
    Microsoft services such as outlook.com (or Hotmail), Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, Windows, and more. It makes your experiences on devices and services more personal and relevant
    to you.

Watch the Instructional Video on the step by step password reset & recovery

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZRwx

reseting, recovering 04bdf669-13b1-4c11-8171-31ac39db2c5c.jpg

Password Reset

If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live you might need to reset it. First, check to make sure that Caps Lock isn't on, because passwords are case-sensitive. If you're
    sure you're using the right password but still can't sign in, you may need to reset your Microsoft Account password

To reset your password:

Account Recovery

If resetting your Microsoft Account password does not work, you may still recover your account by answering the Recovery Form.
    The account recovery form is meant to be the last option to get you back into your account. the recovery form gives you a chance to prove that you own your account.

Fill out Recovery Form

• Go to https://account.live.com/acsr
    • Enter a working email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery
    • The short video provides step by step guide on how to recover your Microsoft Account through ACSR
    • To lean more on Recovering Microsoft Account, please visit
      https://aka.ms/MSArecovery

Note:

The account recovery form works by asking questions about your account that only you could answer. Then, we review your answers and respond within 24 hours with either instructions to get back in to your account or a denial. Keep
    these tips in mind to help you succeed:

• Use a computer we’ll recognize. If possible, fill out the form on a computer that you’ve used to sign in to your account before.
    • Answer as many questions as possible. Not all the questions will apply to you, and that's ok. Don't worry if you don't have an answer. But it's better to guess and be close than to leave a question blank.
    • Give us a working email to contact you. We won't use this email address for spam, only to give you the results of your recovery request. You can even use a friend's account, or create a free temporary email.
    • If you have two-step verification turned on for your account, the recovery form won’t work. When you turn on two-step verification, we promise not to let anyone sign in without two forms of identification, no matter how much information
      they know about your account. Visit this page to learn more about two step verification

PaulSey..., Mar 29, 2019
  3. Jericho Lap, Mar 29, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

reseting, recovering

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

reseting, recovering

1. reseting, recovering - Similar Threads - reseting recovering

2. Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...: I have a Lenovo legion go. I was using it perfectly an hour before this happened, but when I came back and tried to log in. The login page said, “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again”. if I click set up pin, takes me to the same...
  3. Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with my Lenovo legion go. Can’t reset and recover or anything. And can’t login because...: I have a Lenovo legion go. I was using it perfectly an hour before this happened, but when I came back and tried to log in. The login page said, “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Click to set up your pin again”. if I click set up pin, takes me to the same...
  4. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...: I cannot access my son's Microsoft account the form asks questions that dont apply, he does receive emails and he doesnt have a gamer ID therefore we are receiving "unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us...
  5. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...: I cannot access my son's Microsoft account the form asks questions that dont apply, he does receive emails and he doesnt have a gamer ID therefore we are receiving "unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us...
  6. Why is so difficult to managae my child's account? I trying to recover/reset his password,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Recover files after resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover files after resetting: So since I had multiple userss in my system, I put the extra security method through which only I can access my folder when my user account is running, I had this setting on a long time ago and forgot about it and recently reset the pc fully, now since my account is gone I...
  8. Recover files after resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover files after resetting: So since I had multiple userss in my system, I put the extra security method through which only I can access my folder when my user account is running, I had this setting on a long time ago and forgot about it and recently reset the pc fully, now since my account is gone I...
  9. Recover files after resetting

10. How to recover personal data after resetting Window 11 with removing everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover personal data after resetting Window 11 with removing everything: Hi,My laptopWindows 11 was stuck on system updates. When my kid restarts my computer, it was mistakenly factory reset with removing everything. I tried to use 'R studio' to scan, but with no luck. Only scanned out some disk system files.I understand it's hard to really...