Windows 10: Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything...

Discus and support Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LeccoIT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wdsqu8/resetted_my_computer_no_virus_or_anything_took/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeccoIT, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything...

/u/LeccoIT, Aug 1, 2022

2. Delete @virus = HR

Follow below steps to remove @virus = HR,

• Navigate to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and
      delete System.bat (shift+del - requires Administrator
      privilege)
    • Reboot the Windows
    • Now, delete (shift+del) its
      remnants on desktop, user directories, system drive, windows drive, and root of each partition & drives

#D09r

#D09r Dinesh, Aug 1, 2022
  3. Delete @virus = HR

@VIRUS=HR (you are a fool) ****’s Solution is very simple!

I’m quite surprised seeing many people crying because of this nonsense virus! It’s just a small batch (.bat) file which can be deleted very easily and the whole problem fades away. Okay, without wasting much time, I’ll explain the steps below. Don’t
    forget to thank me if this solves your problem. Your one thank will let me know how many people have been benefitted by my small approach! Well, here we go:

Steps:

1. 1.

First of all, Uninstall the SpyHunter **** if you’ve already installed. It’s not the real solution.

2. 2.

This @VIRUS=HR executes from a small batch (.bat) file which is located in AppData folder of your admin account. You need to permanently delete the batch file. For this go to Run and type: %appdata% and press enter

Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything... [​IMG]

3. 3.

When AppData folder shows up, lookup for any batch file there (mine was “movie.bat” file which may not be the same in yours). If you cannot find such file, go inside Roaming folder. The batch file must be there
    with some fancy/funny name. You’ll identify it automatically by just reading it’s unusual filename. Select the file and press Shift+delete to remove it permanently. If it denies to be removed, don’t panic, I have solution to that too, which is in step 5. (move
    to step 5 from here if you cannot delete the batch file and then come back to step 4, otherwise proceed to step 4 directly)

4. 4.

If you’re able to delete the batch file permanently, this has almost solved your problem. But wait, you have a small task to do. You need to find if there’s another batch file with same name in one of your drives too. So, search the drives for that
    filename or just the .bat extension in each drives. If you find it, delete it permanently by pressing Shift+delete. Restart your PC and thank me!

5. 5.

In case you cannot delete the batch file from step 3, right click on the batch file found in AppData/ Roaming folder and select Properties option. Choose the Security tab in the appeared Properties dialog box. Click on Edit button. There you must
    see some Group or Usernames like SYSTEM, Administrator, etc. Select one from the top and check all options under “Allow” column below the Usernames and click OK. Follow the same for other Usernames and finally click Apply and OK button. Now you must be able
    to delete the batch file with Shift+delete keys. Now go back to step 4 and complete the process.

If this helps, please hit like or what-so-ever is below. If this doesn’t help, please reply or comment and let me know where you get stuck. I’ll be happy to help you more!

Nakul Ghimire, Aug 1, 2022
  4. Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything...

computer virus

i think me computer has a virus when i start it up there are no short cuts or task bar( thing with the start button) any suggestions on how to fix it? thanxs

L: email-martinjurewicz@hotmail.com

i nEeD HeLp, Aug 1, 2022
Thema:

Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything...

1. Resetted my computer. No virus or anything. Took like 3 hrs. Now I want to set everything... - Similar Threads - Resetted computer virus

2. I feel like i have a virus on my computer because I wanted to open Microsoft Edge until...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I feel like i have a virus on my computer because I wanted to open Microsoft Edge until...: I'm sure I have a virus because I wanted to do whatever I usually do until about 30-40 file explorers opened and I couldnt close the window of anything like the file explorers and they kept on opening. Thanks for reading...
  3. I feel like i have a virus on my computer because I wanted to open Microsoft Edge until...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I feel like i have a virus on my computer because I wanted to open Microsoft Edge until...: I'm sure I have a virus because I wanted to do whatever I usually do until about 30-40 file explorers opened and I couldnt close the window of anything like the file explorers and they kept on opening. Thanks for reading...
  4. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  5. I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want everything off OneDrive and to NOT sync, but want them on my computer- How???: How do I take all of my file folders off of OneDrive, but keep them on my computer?Simple language please. HP wiped my computer and downloaded a diff version of Windows or made my default start syncing all and now all of my files are online on OneDrive and I NEVER WANTED...
  6. There is a virus in my computer and i cant reset it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    There is a virus in my computer and i cant reset it: I downloaded a link from an ad accidentally and it opened the command thingy and did some stuff and I couldn’t do anything, after that my computer restarted by its own and when it turned on again it said Preparing Automatic Repair and then after that its said Your PC did not...
  7. There is a virus in my computer and i cant reset it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is a virus in my computer and i cant reset it: I downloaded a link from an ad accidentally and it opened the command thingy and did some stuff and I couldn’t do anything, after that my computer restarted by its own and when it turned on again it said Preparing Automatic Repair and then after that its said Your PC did not...
  8. Restarted my computer, now everything is different

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarted my computer, now everything is different: I restarted my computer, signed back in and now my desktop is completely different, My downloads are empty, it’s like I’m in a completely different user but I signed in to my normal user. It said “preparing Windows” when i was signing in. The background is the default windows...
  9. I want to factory reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to factory reset my computer: I want to factory reset my computer. When i go to start it it said i would lose windows 10 because my computer did not come with it installed. I got windows 10 through the free upgrade they had a while back. Is there a way I can still factory reset and keep windows 10?...
  10. I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything: So i was basically trying to install a program, but after trying a few different things i made the mistake of resetting EVERY windows service. Now my comupter wont connect to the internet, cortana, and i tried to press the “get help” button but whem i do nothing happens (im...