Windows 10: Resetting a laptop

Discus and support Resetting a laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My grandma passed away and I was given her laptop and I don't know her password. Everytime I try resetting her laptop it gets to 45% and then goes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lunarhayes, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Resetting a laptop

My grandma passed away and I was given her laptop and I don't know her password. Everytime I try resetting her laptop it gets to 45% and then goes back to the screen it was on before and says "go back to windows recovery environment". How do I fix it?

:)

lunarhayes, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Clem, Aug 5, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Resetting a laptop

Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

Resetting a laptop

1. Resetting a laptop - Similar Threads - Resetting laptop

2. Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?: I just spent the day restoring my laptop bc MS couldn't update. Now after the restore, I can't find the product key for office. How can I get it without buying a new suite?TIA,Eric...
  3. I Used An Hwid Spoofer And Got Scared And Reset The Laptop

I Used An Hwid Spoofer And Got Scared And Reset The Laptop: I Used And Hwid Spoofer And Reset The Laptop And Now my Activation Key Is Gone And Recovery Is Gone.I Have A Spare Laptop That Is Trash But Has Windows 10 HomeMy Original On WIth Windows 10 ProThe Only Way TO Activate it again is with the original keyis there a way I can get...
  4. Reset PIN to access laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset PIN to access laptop: I need to reset my PIN which i use to access my personal laptop kids hacked it. What does this error mean? I obviously have a PIN that works. When i click on the link to "fix it" i am prompted to log into another microsoft account my work account, i choose to log into a...
  5. Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.: Windows 10 will not start on my laptop and I would like to go forward with a save personal files reset. I get to the point that it requests my Microsoft account password after I select the save personal files resetmoption, but it does not recognize the password I set for my...
  6. Does reseting my laptop removes my onedrive?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does reseting my laptop removes my onedrive?: Does reseting my laptop removes my onedrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-reseting-my-laptop-removes-my-onedrive/5e9ab6fe-a77c-4ecd-9975-ff34291d0581
  7. Unlocked Padlock on C & D Drives After Resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unlocked Padlock on C & D Drives After Resetting laptop: Hello,so as you can see,there's unlocked padlock icon on my drives after im resetting my laptophow to make it dissappear since im using Windows 10 Home??Thank youP.S please solve this problem ASAP...
  8. Error 0x0000017 when trying to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0x0000017 when trying to reset my laptop: So I was just trying to reset my laptop and I encountered a blue screen showing this error, titles "Recovery, your PC/Device needs to be repaired" and I just don't know how to fix it.Things I've already tried:1 The bcdedit command in cmd through the booted windows : It works...
  9. Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop...

Will information be lost and do I need original CDs for Windows 10 if I reset new laptop...: I need to transfer ownership of an Acer Helios 300 laptop with Windows 10 to my daughter to have it registered under her name. The laptop is still under warranty and registered in my name but I let her used it earlier as her own HP laptop broke down while in the midst of...
  10. My laptop crashed and I can't restore or reset it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop crashed and I can't restore or reset it.: Hi, When it starts, it says "preparing automatic repair", then it reboots. It does this several times, then it says "diagnosing your PC". Then it restarts. Then the automatic repair screen appears, I go to the advanced options, I solve problems and then to the advanced...