Windows 10: Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...

Discus and support Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need help knowing how to properly get out of a PC Reset loop that is stuck at 80% for the last 16 hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GGregg000, Aug 5, 2022.

1. GGregg000 Win User

Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...

Need help knowing how to properly get out of a PC Reset loop that is stuck at 80% for the last 16 hours.

:)

GGregg000, Aug 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 stuck at resetting this pc 1%

Hi Emmarienelle,

Resetting Windows 10 is an ideal solution for users to fix system problems or software compatibility issues. However, things might get complicated when your PC gets stuck or freeze while resetting. We recommend following these steps to resolve the issue:

• Fix Windows 10 fail to reset issue by hard booting PC and performing a clean reset:

• Press power key for 8-10 seconds to start a hard boot. Do this for three to four times.
    • Enter Windows 10 Automatic repair options.
    • Try a clean reset from the Automatic repair options.

• Download Windows 10 ISO file and perform a clean install in your PC.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Resetting this PC stuck on 80%

Hi, i started my reset at 9:00 AM and until now(6:30 PM) it is stuck in 80% and its been about 9hrs and the resetting is still not finised.

I selected the "remove files and clean drive" option and until now it is still not finised.

Can somebody help me plss

Justine Marc Valdez, Aug 5, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...

Windows reset stuck at 33% for 7+ hours

Hi,

Windows reset does not have a specific time on when it will be finished. It depends on how many updates and setting the system has to reset. What we suggest is that you let it finish installing. However, if there will still be no changes, try these steps:

• Hard boot your PC three to four times (hard boot can be achieved by holding the power key for 8 to 10 seconds then power it on and powering it off again)
    • You should enter Windows Automatic Repair Options.
    • Try making a clean reset from the repair options.

If this still doesn't work, then we suggest that you do a clean install of Windows. Refer to this
    Forum Article on how to do a clean install.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours... - Similar Threads - Resetting using specified

2. Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...: Need help knowing how to properly get out of a PC Reset loop that is stuck at 80% for the last 16 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-a-windows-10-pc-using-specified-wipe/eb71be2f-9715-4d6c-a3a7-2455422015c2
  3. Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting a Windows 10 PC using specified "wipe clean" protocols. Stuck at 80% for 16 hours...: Need help knowing how to properly get out of a PC Reset loop that is stuck at 80% for the last 16 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-a-windows-10-pc-using-specified-wipe/eb71be2f-9715-4d6c-a3a7-2455422015c2
  4. Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Reset stuck at 10% for two hours: I've been facing some major software issues with my Windows system recently and decided to Reset my PC. I choose the option to delete everything as I already have everything backed up on external drives. Around two hours ago I started the reset and it reached 10% after around...
  5. Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetting my pc stuck at 99% for hours: Hello, I tried to reset my computer this morning and now it has been stuck on 99% for the last 3-4h and I don't know what to do. I looked on google and some people are saying to hard close the computer and boot it back up and some others are saying to let it finish by itself...
  6. PC Reset stuck at 16%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Reset stuck at 16%: It has been a couple hours stuck at 16% is this normal? I am trying to wipe the computer as I am selling it but I feel even with a 2tb hard drive this is taking too long!...
  7. Resetting this PC stuck on 80%

Resetting this PC stuck on 80%: Hi, i started my reset at 9:00 AM and until now6:30 PM it is stuck in 80% and its been about 9hrs and the resetting is still not finised. I selected the "remove files and clean drive" option and until now it is still not finised. Can somebody help me plss...
  8. Windows 10 clean install stuck at "Resetting this PC 20%" for 12 hours

Windows 10 clean install stuck at "Resetting this PC 20%" for 12 hours: Like the subject says, went to do a clean install last night and it has been stuck at 20% for a couple hours before I went to sleep and all through the night...
  9. Factory reset stuck at 16%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset stuck at 16%: So I made a post a few hours ago asking for help with factory resetting my computer and I eventually found the answer but now I’ve hit a new roadblock. It’s stuck at 16%! I would normally write it off as the computer taking its time but it’s been like this for like 6 hours...
  10. Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour

Used option to completely reset pc. Stuck at 99% for an hour: Should I be worried. I upgraded from Win 7. It took me to the welcome screen and when I typed in my password it would just hang. Then go black and reboot. So I pressed ctrl alt delete and options came up. I decided to just reinstall basically formatting my hard drive. And it...