Windows 10: Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone

Discus and support Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi! I'm trying to help my grandfather reset his computer and account password from 500 miles away. He's not very technologically literate, but he's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexanderWard2, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone

Hi! I'm trying to help my grandfather reset his computer and account password from 500 miles away. He's not very technologically literate, but he's managed to get to the account reset page. The problem we're having is that the phone number attached to his account is a landline and the only option to receive the reset code is via text. Obviously he cannot receive a text with the account code. He's tried the account recovery form, but he doesn't remember if he signed up with his legal name, his given name, or his wife's name and has locked himself out of the account recovery form.At this point,

:)

AlexanderWard2, Apr 26, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 26, 2021
  3. I can not reset my google password

Two step works for me if your phone info is the same as it was you should be able to recover it.

Brokenarrow, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

I think he is trying hard to get to my Steam account again. Like I added in my first post I had a password reset for steam email.

And last time he did it I had several password reset emails in my live before (I suppose) he got it to work.

Now I don't even feel like my gmail is safe. I have it set up for Phone SMS and 2 step verification. Although I think he is having a hard time with my gmail.

HOW IS HE DOING IT!

AphexDreamer, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone

1. Resetting Account Password with a Landline Phone - Similar Threads - Resetting Account Password

2. Text messages to a landline - account recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text messages to a landline - account recovery: I’m seeing a recurring problem with account recovery on Microsoft IDs I run a computer support company focused on home users. This is causing serious security problems and is entirely down to Microsoft making a foolish decision which they can reverse. Microsoft used to allow...
  3. Text messages to a landline - account recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text messages to a landline - account recovery: I’m seeing a recurring problem with account recovery on Microsoft IDs I run a computer support company focused on home users. This is causing serious security problems and is entirely down to Microsoft making a foolish decision which they can reverse. Microsoft used to allow...
  4. Text messages to a landline - account recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Connecting landline to PC Soft Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting landline to PC Soft Phone: Good morning, all, I work from home and am trying to optimize my physical desk real estate. I have a hand set connected to our home landline, and am wondering if there is a "substitute" for that physical hand set in the form of a soft phone app on W10. I have done some...
  6. account password reset

account password reset: How do you reset an Admin password on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-password-reset/b66ff1db-a06c-4c25-bb88-d9573675b206
  7. reset account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset account password: I forgot my Microsoft account password. I went through the reset process from account to entering codes to change password and got the screen message your password has been changed, sign in. I have entered five different passwords but each time I try to sign in up comes...
  8. Reset account password

Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...
  9. Reset Local Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...
  10. Milestone for cellphones vs. landline phones

in Windows 10 News
    Milestone for cellphones vs. landline phones: Milestone for cellphones vs. landline phones NEW YORK -- Deborah Braswell, a university administrator in Alabama, is a member of a dwindling group -- people with a landline phone at home. According to a U.S. government study released Thursday, 50.8 percent of homes and...