Windows 10: Resetting / Activating an existing computer that was given as a gift to someone ... do they...

Discus and support Resetting / Activating an existing computer that was given as a gift to someone ... do they... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I have a Windows 10 PC - already activated using my Microsoft account, and I decide to give this PC to someone else... all is dandy as long as they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by T Monahan, Jan 5, 2019.

1. T Monahan Win User

Resetting / Activating an existing computer that was given as a gift to someone ... do they...

If I have a Windows 10 PC - already activated using my Microsoft account, and I decide to give this PC to someone else... all is dandy as long as they don't reformat or reload windows. Its already activated by me.

But what if they run into difficulties and use the recovery options to reset their PC? When windows 10 reloads, will they need my outlook account to reactivate windows? Assuming there have been no hardware changes, this PCs digital signature is linked to my outlook for activation correct?

Is it necessary to transfer the Product Key, or would they require purchase of a new Key when they reload? How do people activate PC's that were given to them already activated under someone else's account?

What happens when they need to reset windows 10?

:)

T Monahan, Jan 5, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Gift Card

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

1. Are you referring to Windows store to buy gift card?

If yes, I suggest you to refer the Microsoft store link below and check if it helps.

Personalized gift cards

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/All-gift-cards/categoryID.67154100

Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 5, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Resetting / Activating an existing computer that was given as a gift to someone ... do they...

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Resetting / Activating an existing computer that was given as a gift to someone ... do they... - Similar Threads - Resetting Activating existing

2. How do order a uk gift card for someone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do order a uk gift card for someone: How do I get a uk gift card for someone * Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-order-a-uk-gift-card-for-someone/d2b757ee-0928-441b-ab5a-3e85b67d4a0a
  3. How do order a uk gift card for someone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do order a uk gift card for someone: How do I get a uk gift card for someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-order-a-uk-gift-card-for-someone/d2b757ee-0928-441b-ab5a-3e85b67d4a0a
  4. How do order a uk gift card for someone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do order a uk gift card for someone: How do I get a uk gift card for someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-order-a-uk-gift-card-for-someone/d2b757ee-0928-441b-ab5a-3e85b67d4a0a
  5. Someone hacked into my account and bought a gift card, how do i get a refund?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Someone hacked into my account and bought a gift card, how do i get a refund?: Account was hacked, they were added to my family, bought gift card, and then left. Already changed password how do I get a refund or do I have to do a chargeback on my credit card?...
  6. I was given free Activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was given free Activation: A couple of months ago I built my pc and within a month the watermark disappeared. I checked and magically it had activated itself so I never had to buy windows. Does anyone know why this happened? submitted by /u/zach__watson [link] [comments]...
  7. gifting a used computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    gifting a used computer: I am giving my friend my used windows 10 laptop and I want to make her the new user/owner what do I need to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gifting-a-used-computer/a9336532-37f2-445a-9e9d-72c68c7ee14a
  8. Problem gifting someone Sea of Thieves

Problem gifting someone Sea of Thieves: I'm trying to gift someone a copy of sea of thieves as a prize for a giveaway I had on a live stream. When I add my credentials and try to finish the purchase it says the following: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to...
  9. Microsoft Gift Cards aren't activated?

Microsoft Gift Cards aren't activated?: I went to Target today and bought 2 $25 Windows Microsoft gift cards. I went home and put the codes in but it said they aren't activated. I took the cards back to the store with the receipt and talked to the Guest Service. The lady there told me that they can't refund it or...
  10. Cannot Activate - no errors given

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate - no errors given: Hey folks, I have only recently made a fresh install of Windows 10 on my machine. After having upgraded maybe half a year ago from a legit 8.1 version, it wasn't the first one. Now, however, after setting everything up, I ran into the issue that I am getting following...