Windows 10: Resetting an APP

Discus and support Resetting an APP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a problem on Edge with a long running script, which I tried to resolve by resetting the App in settings. The instruction assured me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arthurian38, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Resetting an APP

I had a problem on Edge with a long running script, which I tried to resolve by resetting the App in settings. The instruction assured me that favourites and other stuff would be saved but I would lose browsing history.

The fact is that all of my favourites are gone as too the History.

I have tried to access the Favourites folder I C\ user etc and it opens but contains none of the Edge Favourites. All the old Favourites from OE are there but nothing from Edge.

So today I started re-entering them all but had a problem with my Router. Edge will not access routerlogin.net and will also not access to IP address for the router. The address line just defaults to the home page .

I have accessed the router with both Chrome and IE and exported the router link to edge it doesn't work. Edge still simply defaults to the home page address.

I have used Edge for a long time but have found often when problems are encountered the webpage concerned almost invariably recommends Chrome. Are you happy about tnis Microsoft?

If you cannot come up with an answer for me to get my Router back into my Edge favorites then it is for the Recycle Bin.

:)

arthurian38, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Resetting the Photos App

Hi Michael,

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

• Click Start menu > Type Apps & features.
    • Select the app that you want to reset in the list of all the installed apps.
    • Click the Advanced Options link under the application's name.
    • Tap the Reset button to reset an app's settings.
    • A confirmation message will pop up. Click Reset button to confirm you want to clear the app's data.

Let us how it goes.

Karla Alm, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Resetting an APP :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 14, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Resetting an APP

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Resetting an APP

1. Resetting an APP - Similar Threads - Resetting APP

2. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  3. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  4. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  5. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...: I found out the only way to do that is to edit a registry key. Will I have an easy way other than that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-possible-to-reset-browser-apps-open-with/df0371f4-d02b-4a47-a0a7-8f11f8d88b77
  6. Is that possible to reset browser apps' "open with" so I can choose which browser to open...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

9. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  10. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...