Windows 10: Resetting Asus windows laptop, it is now stuck in infinite restart

Discus and support Resetting Asus windows laptop, it is now stuck in infinite restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to factory reset my laptop so followed the steps to reset if given on the page where I chose the option to remove all data. The reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mamuna azam, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Resetting Asus windows laptop, it is now stuck in infinite restart

Hi,

I wanted to factory reset my laptop so followed the steps to reset if given on the page where I chose the option to remove all data. The reset process went fine but now when reinstalling the Windows 10, it got stuck after 3% and just keeps on restarting the laptop.. it has been going on for over 2 hours now. I don’t know what to do.

EDIT: I just forced it close and started it again and now its stuck at 64% reinstallation.

It is still restarting on a loop. How long will this process take?

:)

mamuna azam, Jun 28, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Asus Laptop stuck on aptio

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Select the Boot menu in the Aptio setup utility, select 'Launch CSM' and change to enable.
    • Select the Security menu n the Aptio setup utility, select 'secure Boot Control' and change to disable.
    • Select Save & Exit and press 'yes'.
    • Hold down the power button until the unit switches power off completely.
    • Switch back on and continually press the F9 button for about ten seconds; this should now allow the unit to boot up into the Windows Recovery menu.
    • Select 'Advanced Start Up' and wait until the recovery menu appears.
    • Select ' Advanced Options'.
    • Select 'System Restore' and select a date prior to when the problem occurred.
    Also, I suggest you to refer the below thread:

Help! Stuck in Asus Aptio Setup Utility, after restarting the system screen turns black with one white underscore flashing

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Resetting Asus windows laptop, it is now stuck in infinite restart

Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

Hi,

Problem:

Windows 10 Version 1709 restart problem ASUS ROG logo stuck

What I did:

Install Windows 10 Version 1709 through Windows 10 Update Assistant

Steps:

1. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to Install Windows 10 Version 1709

2. Download complete successfully

3.Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART to complete Installation

4. I RESTART

5. The Laptop Boot

6. Got stuck on the ASUS ROG logo

7. Stay there for 8hs

8. Never get to start WINDOWS

9. I did a hard RESET

10. The Laptop start Restoring to a Previews Windows Version.

11. Windows starts NORMALLY

12. Windows 10 Update Assistant ask to RESTART

13. Back to step 1.

Specs:

Any Solution?

AlvaroGonzalez2, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Resetting Asus windows laptop, it is now stuck in infinite restart

1. Resetting Asus windows laptop, it is now stuck in infinite restart - Similar Threads - Resetting Asus laptop

2. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  3. Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop stuck on asus logo when restarting/rebooting: Hi. My asus zenbook laptop works fine till I dont restart it and occassionally windows 11 updates and restarts and then it gets stuck at the asus logo and the ring keeps on circling. I have done a reset to the laptop 2-3 times, it works untill i restart it again. Can someone...
  4. Laptop infinitely stuck restarting/working on updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop infinitely stuck restarting/working on updates?: My laptop ever since I checked it this morning has constantly been in a loop of restarting. Starting as a normal boot up with a buffer icon then switching to "working on updates 30%" which then the cycle repeats, constantly and without fail. I've currently tried entering safe...
  5. Laptop infinitely stuck restarting/working on updates?

Laptop infinitely stuck restarting/working on updates?: My laptop ever since I checked it this morning has constantly been in a loop of restarting. Starting as a normal boot up with a buffer icon then switching to "working on updates 30%" which then the cycle repeats, constantly and without fail. I've currently tried entering safe...
  6. Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset: So I started a reset and drive wipe it got to 64% and now all it does is restart continuously. I’ve tried to interrupt from BIOS, I can’t boot in safe mode but have been able to boot from a recovery drive but nothing I did worked. Using an acer predator helios 300. I also...
  7. Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset

Stuck in infinite restart loop during reset: So I started a reset and drive wipe it got to 64% and now all it does is restart continuously. I’ve tried to interrupt from BIOS, I can’t boot in safe mode but have been able to boot from a recovery drive but nothing I did worked. Using an acer predator helios 300. I also...
  8. Factory Reset on Asus Laptop stuck at 64%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset on Asus Laptop stuck at 64%: I received an Asus laptop for christmas, but when I tried to used it I’d often get the bsod. I think it’s likely because of a driver from the drawing tablet I plugged in. I decided to factory reset it. It was going along fine but got stuck at 64. It usually goes from the Asus...
  9. Stuck in an Infinite Restart Loop.

Stuck in an Infinite Restart Loop.: While trying to remove a virus I turned the boot mode to Safe Mode(Network) after which i restarted my PC and was unable to log in with the same Password. I then Hit the MSI System Recovery which reinstalls Windows..Just to get rid of the virus completely. When my pc...
  10. Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop

Factory reset my Windows 10 ASUS, now it is stuck in infinite bootloop: Sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong section, or this has already been posted. I'm new and couldn't find any answers elsewhere. I just factory reset my Asus laptop. It was taking a long time so I went to sleep and let it do its thing overnight. In the morning, I went and...