Windows 10: Resetting both C and D drive together

Discus and support Resetting both C and D drive together in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to clean my pc so i decided to reset it, removing personal files along it. But after resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lian_631, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Lian_631 Win User

Resetting both C and D drive together

Hi, I wanted to clean my pc so i decided to reset it, removing personal files along it. But after resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both when resetting the pc, which settings i should choose and where can i find it?

:)

Lian_631, Feb 26, 2023

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Feb 26, 2023
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 26, 2023
  4. Resetting both C and D drive together

how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Feb 26, 2023
Thema:

Resetting both C and D drive together

1. Resetting both C and D drive together - Similar Threads - Resetting both drive

2. How C and D Drive Work Together

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How C and D Drive Work Together: Win10, HP Laptop 128G SSD and 1T HD I'll do my best to describe my question, but it is confusing for me to clearly express it since I am not a geek. I have a C Drive and a D Drive Both drives contain Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos I set it up so...
  3. How C and D Drive Work Together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How C and D Drive Work Together: Win10, HP Laptop 128G SSD and 1T HD I'll do my best to describe my question, but it is confusing for me to clearly express it since I am not a geek. I have a C Drive and a D Drive Both drives contain Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos I set it up so...
  4. How C and D Drive Work Together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, recently i tried to reset my pc for the first time. After resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both...
  6. Resetting both C and D drive together

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting both C and D drive together: Hi, recently i tried to reset my pc for the first time. After resetting the pc, i found that only C drive was formatted and the personal files inside D drive was still there remain untouched.I have two drive in my pc which is C and D Drive, if i want to perform reset on both...
  7. Drive C/D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C/D: So my local disk C is full because it has barely any storage and i need to download some stuff but i cant and i want to switch to my D drive because it has a lot more storage but i dont know what the consequences are and how to do it and if i can do it. If someone could help...
  8. system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system Backup From C drive to D drive both internal drives: ok I have been on the insiders program for awhile. I am tired of having to reinstall my system completely when the updates give me BSOD or black screens of death and trying everything to get past it. Anyway, I have tried Macrium, Aomei and Acronis using the usb media recovery...
  9. C: and D: drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  10. Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.: Title says it all ladies and gents. Access is denied on both drives. Just upgraded about an hour ago and I've been looking for solutions but cant seem to find any that works for me. I'm only using one account and its a Local(Administrator) account. It would be nice if someone...