Windows 10: Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM'

Discus and support Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally changed the permissions for the C drive, deleting the Group/user 'SYSTEM'. I have performed a reset and the permissions haven't been... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LaurenJT, Apr 14, 2021.

1. LaurenJT Win User

Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM'

I accidentally changed the permissions for the C drive, deleting the Group/user 'SYSTEM'. I have performed a reset and the permissions haven't been restored to default. Screenshot below.

Please advise on how to correct this. Thank you!

Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM' 9c8fcb56-a3a4-48b2-a417-44dd353278bb?upload=true.png

:)

LaurenJT, Apr 14, 2021

2. how to delete file on c drive? need permission

i accidently save something to c drive. when i try to delete it says need admin permission. how do i delete it?

i am on a computer that dont have any account only 1 and thats me. main one is me. 1 account.

HiddenStupid, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Reset C: Drive Security Permissions

Hello Dean,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with it.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What is the exact issue you are facing?
    • What do you mean when you say "Windows 10 Reset C: Drive Security Permissions"?
    • Are you referring to System restore or Reset your PC?
    • What do you mean when you say "set the C: drive back to the original security settings"?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 14, 2021
  4. purok8 Win User

How to Delete system file from system volume informaion folder, C drive

thank you Deepika Gowda for your suggestion

as you suggested i have already tried these solutions,

bt it did'nt work..

i dont want to delete "System volume information" folder...

i just want to delete only 1 system file inside that folder which consumed 120 gb space from c drive (only one file with 120 gb size)

as Mohit said (MS answer desk) i have reseted my PC but it also did'nt work

and it does'nt show any error while deleting....

i'm just unable to delete it.

coz when i try to get ownership of that file it shows "you do not have permission to view or edit this object's permission setting".

plzzz help me...

purok8, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Resetting C drive permissions after deleting 'SYSTEM' - Similar Threads - Resetting drive permissions

2. Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...: I have Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission to write only and now if I try to change permissions it prompt "access denied". Here I am attaching screenshots of drives' properties dialogue....
  3. Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...: I have Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission to write only and now if I try to change permissions it prompt "access denied". Here I am attaching screenshots of drives' properties dialogue....
  4. Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Resetting C drive permissions after deleting ‘SYSTEM’

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resetting C drive permissions after deleting ‘SYSTEM’: I accidentally changed the permissions for the C drive, deleting the Group/User ‘SYSTEM’. I have performed a reset and the permissions haven’t been restored to default. Please advise on how to correct this. Thank you! submitted by /u/blacknightcat [link] [comments]...
  6. Will reset just clean system drive c?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reset just clean system drive c?: Will my other drives like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reset-just-clean-system-drive-c/d53f46c3-b2b3-474d-acbc-97e5dfd4c13f
  7. Will reset just clean system drive c?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will reset just clean system drive c?: Will my other drive like D drive, E drive stay safe after reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-reset-just-clean-system-drive-c/1af7729f-d8bf-4aca-b73d-c97ade0582ef
  8. C drive Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive Permissions: By default all my software and games are installed in C so My Documents/Videos/Pictures are the default save locations for respective software/game. After the latest Windows update, any game I playalready played before starts from the beginning and if i try to save the game...
  9. C drive permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C drive permissions: Any software or games I install, I install them in the default location C. if I am playing a game, the save files of the game by default gets saved in documents. Ever since updating windows, any software or game that tries to save something in documents is showing error. As...
  10. drive c full after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drive c full after reset: my drive c full after I resset my pc windows 10 can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-full-after-reset/687f2d37-a735-4cdc-8cee-27ef35f6fc7f