Windows 10: Resetting C (Windows 10) Drive, best method & will windows 10 be preserved?

Discus and support Resetting C (Windows 10) Drive, best method & will windows 10 be preserved? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've gotten a couple answers, but I'm wanting to hop on reddit just to make triple sure. I plan on completely wiping/resetting my C drive (which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pepic_, Oct 27, 2020.

1. /u/Pepic_ Win User

Resetting C (Windows 10) Drive, best method & will windows 10 be preserved?

So I've gotten a couple answers, but I'm wanting to hop on reddit just to make triple sure.

I plan on completely wiping/resetting my C drive (which is where windows is installed). Deleting every file, resetting every setting, essentially making it like brand new.

The C drive was originally a windows 7 drive, but I got a free upgrade to windows 10 at some point, meaning I never bought a product key and, obviously, windows 10 wasn't preinstalled on the drive.

If I completely wipe the C drive, will windows 10 still be preserved? I won't need to buy a windows 10 key, right?

If I go to search bar > run > winver, it says at the bottom that I do have a license.

Again, I'm pretty sure that windows 10 will be preserved, I just want to triple check and verify this before I go ahead with it, considering I'm not a 100% expert on core windows stuff. Thanks.

On top of this question, it'd be nice to know the best way or method of completely resetting the drive to make it like brand new.

submitted by /u/Pepic_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pepic_, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Resetting C (Windows 10) Drive, best method & will windows 10 be preserved? - Similar Threads - Resetting Drive best

2. Resetting Windows 10 Terminal and Preserving the OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 10 Terminal and Preserving the OS: I work for a company that distributes Windows based terminals to different places. We also provide support and manage any issues with said devices. In the event that we need to recollect a device and prepare it to go somewhere else, we would need to reset/wipe it. All of...
  3. Resetting Windows 10 Terminal and Preserving the OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Windows 10 Terminal and Preserving the OS: I work for a company that distributes Windows based terminals to different places. We also provide support and manage any issues with said devices. In the event that we need to recollect a device and prepare it to go somewhere else, we would need to reset/wipe it. All of...
  4. Resetting Windows 10 Terminal and Preserving the OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reset windows C drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows C drive.: As my windows C drive storage is too limited, I want to reset my C driveerase everything and freshly reinstall windows in C drive itself but without touching other drives.Can this be done by using reset my pc tool in windows 10 settings or should I make a bootable USB??I'm...
  6. Easiest Best Documented Method to Reset Local Windows 10 password (no password disk)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest Best Documented Method to Reset Local Windows 10 password (no password disk): A remote staff member is locked out of her Windows 10 laptop, whereby she is a local user and there are no other user profiles on the PC (not using Microsoft-based online user/password). I've used: http://pogostick.net/\~pnh/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html previously, but it's been a...
  7. Windows 10 reset causes c drive to be inaccessible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset causes c drive to be inaccessible: I used the media creation tool to reset and reinstall Windows 10 hoping that it would fix problems with Windows Updates. Windows update errors were 0x80070005 and 0x80010108. I have tried many suggestions on the internet to fix the errors preventing me from updating. So then...
  8. Best method for write-blocking *specific USB drives* in Windows 10, while permitting others?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best method for write-blocking *specific USB drives* in Windows 10, while permitting others?: Is there any good, approved, reliable method in Windows 10, to do this?: - USB drive A is writable - USB drive B is write-blocked I used to do this in Windows 7 with a registry key while doing backups. But I haven't yet figured out how to do it in Windows 10....
  9. Best method to wipe an ssd drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best method to wipe an ssd drive?: Any tips? I've used secure erase in parted magic (the option for enhanced secure erase was blanked out) but then read somewhere that there is no secure way to wipe an ssd? Planning to reinstall and then sell the machine on. It's only a small 80gb drive and not new to me or...
  10. Best method of backing up over network? Windows 10 questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best method of backing up over network? Windows 10 questions: Hi all, I have a laptop and a desktop PC, and the desktop rarely gets much use if I am honest but I thought I had better start doing proper backups (I do do backing up, but only a sort of manual copying as and when type thing to a 500GB external drive I have) so I got...