Windows 10: Resetting Child Account Password when Validation is Not Possible

Discus and support Resetting Child Account Password when Validation is Not Possible in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has a Child account in my Microsoft Family, and has forgotten his Microsoft account password. If this had occurred with a non-network account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Michael Hohensee, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Resetting Child Account Password when Validation is Not Possible

My son has a Child account in my Microsoft Family, and has forgotten his Microsoft account password. If this had occurred with a non-network account on our family PC, I could, as the Administrator, simply reset his password and he'd be able to use his account again. Because it's a networked Microsoft account, however, he has to go through the automated account validation process, which seems to rely on him using various Microsoft platforms, and remembering details of that use, to be successfully validated.

My son, however, does not make use of those platforms. He does not use his outlook account, he does not use Skype, and he doesn't have an xbox account associated with his Microsoft account. I only signed him and his sister up for the networked account to be able to make use of the parental controls features offered by Microsoft. Because we can't provide subject lines and older passwords to the account validation process, there is no way that my children can validate their accounts and reset their passwords.

I can appreciate that Microsoft wants to maintain my son's privacy, but my only alternative at this point is to fully delete his Microsoft account and start over, and I'm concerned that will also delete the contents of the local PC account that is tied to his Microsoft account. The fact that I'm properly logged in as the administrator of the Family account ought to give me the ability to help them reset their passwords... Is there any other way I can reset my son's network password?

:)

Michael Hohensee, Mar 27, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Resetting child's Microsoft account password

Hi Nestor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to open the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Once the link is opened,

• Click on Reset your password.
    • Select I forgot my password and click on Next.
    • Provide the Microsoft Account of the child account and type in the characters, click Next.
    • In the identity verification page, click on Email, provide the email address, click Send code.
    • Check if the code has been sent to the email address and provide the code for verification.
    • Follow the prompts to create a new password for the child's Microsoft account.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Resetting Child Account Password when Validation is Not Possible

Help resetting password on Child Account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

1. What is the error you have received while trying to reset password?
    2. Is the child account a Microsoft Account or a local account?

I can understand that must make you feel upset, and I appreciate your effort that you have taken to resolve this issue.

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to
    refer the article Recover your Microsoft Account
    and also refer the section Tips for filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Resetting Child Account Password when Validation is Not Possible

1. Resetting Child Account Password when Validation is Not Possible - Similar Threads - Resetting Child Account

2. Is it possible to reset your child's outlook password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to reset your child's outlook password?: I have setup an Outlook family and created accounts for my children to use a couple of years ago. Outlook is my primary email platform.Now that they are ready to start using the Microsoft account, I wanted to log them in and give them a tour of what is available. However, the...
  3. Is it possible to reset your child's outlook password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to reset your child's outlook password?: I have setup an Outlook family and created accounts for my children to use a couple of years ago. Outlook is my primary email platform.Now that they are ready to start using the Microsoft account, I wanted to log them in and give them a tour of what is available. However, the...
  4. Is it possible to reset your child's outlook password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Password reset on child's account

Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  6. Reset Child's account password

Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  7. Reset Child's account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Child's account password: I have created an outlook account for my child as required under the family monitoring program. However, the password was not working. With multiple attempt, we are unable to reset the password. Since she was never be able to login, there is no information to retrieve. But...
  8. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...
  9. Cannot reset child account password

Cannot reset child account password: We recently purchased a new Windows 10 computer. We were excited to create new outlook.com email addresses for each of my daughters so we set them up with new accounts. These accounts have never worked. We tried logging in and were unable to. On both. We tried resetting their...
  10. Help resetting password on Child Account

Help resetting password on Child Account: This is more of a venting post than an actual question, because I really doubt I'll get a proper answer. I am trying to reset the password on my child's account that we setup several months ago for her to use on Windows and eventually Xbox Live. Unfortunately she has...