Windows 10: resetting child's linked account

Discus and support resetting child's linked account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I setup accounts for my 3 children to use for their homework on my PC which they have been using but they only remember their pin numbers and not the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheGateKeeper88, May 19, 2019.

1. resetting child's linked account

I setup accounts for my 3 children to use for their homework on my PC which they have been using but they only remember their pin numbers and not the default password I setup for them when I created their accounts. When I try to reset their passwords, the system sends my email account a code to reset but that just takes me to a page which asks me loads of questions about the child including emails they sent etc which they don't use this account for and so it ends up sending me a note saying I haven't supplied enough information for automatic verification. I've given all the information I know, I've proven I'm the linked account because the password reset pin has been sent to my email and yet the system still wont let me reset the child's password. Please help - these accounts are useless with PIN if parents cannot easily reset their child's account. If logged in as parent you should just have a reset password on any of the linked child's account, but this is not an option and the normal automated reset options DON'T WORK, where the child doesn't send emails from their account so when these questions are left blank the system wont allow the password to reset. Please help!

:)

TheGateKeeper88, May 19, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, May 19, 2019
  3. Unable to access or reset child account password

Hi Imran,

To help resolve your concern, you may refer to the steps provided below:

• Click the account profile picture and choose View account.
    • Select change password under your email account.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 19, 2019
  4. kingsc Win User

resetting child's linked account

Unable to access or reset child account password

kingsc, May 19, 2019
Thema:

resetting child's linked account

1. resetting child's linked account - Similar Threads - resetting child's linked

2. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  3. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  4. Child account without link to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  5. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account without link to family account: My child's microsoft account has been "orphaned" - there is no link to a family. Because of this, she cannot change settings to her account. In the forum, it is advised to unlink from her existing family administrator and then add her to my family. This is not possible, as we...
  6. Child account without link to family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Password reset on child's account

Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  8. Child account not linked to her parent's

Child account not linked to her parent's: Hi everyone, I created a Skype account for my daughter some time ago. I don't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I'm almost sure it asked the procedure asked for my her father permission at a certain point. I'm now reviewing our Family Group and I find she is in a...
  9. Reset or delete child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset or delete child account: How can we reset our child's account password. There is no where within the family account settings to easily allow this. Or if we need to create a new account how can we easily delete the account to start over....
  10. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...