Windows 10: resetting childs password

Discus and support resetting childs password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have used the link several times to try and reset my childs password, eachtime it emails me and says not enough information was provided. Can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonaWonderlin, Apr 17, 2020.

1. resetting childs password

I have used the link several times to try and reset my childs password, eachtime it emails me and says not enough information was provided. Can someone please help me to reset my son's password for his microsoft account.

:)

DonaWonderlin, Apr 17, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Reseting a Childs Password after Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to change the password for your child account. We will assist you with this issue.

• Is your child account configured on the same PC which you are using?
    • Is the child account a Microsoft account or a local account?

If the child account is local account, then try these steps from an administrator user account:

• Press Windows key+ X, select “Control panel’.
    • Click on ‘View by’ option on the top right and change it to “large icons’.
    • Click on ‘user accounts’ and then click on ‘manage another account’
    • In the list, click on the child account and then click on ‘Change password’.

If the child’s account is a Microsoft account, then you can reset the password by following this link:

Reset your password

Let us know if this helps. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 17, 2020
  4. resetting childs password

Resetting child's Microsoft account password

Hi Nestor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing and will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to open the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Once the link is opened,

• Click on Reset your password.
    • Select I forgot my password and click on Next.
    • Provide the Microsoft Account of the child account and type in the characters, click Next.
    • In the identity verification page, click on Email, provide the email address, click Send code.
    • Check if the code has been sent to the email address and provide the code for verification.
    • Follow the prompts to create a new password for the child's Microsoft account.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

resetting childs password

1. resetting childs password - Similar Threads - resetting childs password

2. Reset Childs password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Childs password: I created an outlook account for my daughter so she could get an xbox account so she could download minecraft. So i created an outlook account and added her into it as a family account. I haven't used the account in a while but my daughter changed ipads and couldn't remember...
  3. Reset Childs password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Childs password: I created an outlook account for my daughter so she could get an xbox account so she could download minecraft. So i created an outlook account and added her into it as a family account. I haven't used the account in a while but my daughter changed ipads and couldn't remember...
  4. Reset Childs password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reset child's password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset child's password?: My son has an account which I have set up through Microsoft Family. I did not pay attention to the password when I was creating it because I was assuming I could reset it once it is needed. As it appears - there is no such option on the family account page. I cannot reset the...
  6. Password reset on child's account

Password reset on child's account: Is there any way other than the forms to reset a child's password for outlook? I set an account up for my son to play Minecraft with but can not remember the password and the forms ask you for passwords I have used. If I knew them I wouldn't need to re-set it...
  7. Resetting child's password

Resetting child's password: My daughter's account is listed under my account in Microsoft Family and she has forgotten her password. I went to https://account.live.com/acsr, got a security code, and went through the steps to get a new password but Microsoft refuses to cooperate. Being that she is a...
  8. Resetting Child's Password

Resetting Child's Password: I can log into my account and view my family coverage, but I can't remember the password we setup for my 6yr old. When I fill out the submittal form to reset her password - on an outlook account she's never used but was required to setup a family/child account - it says...
  9. Reset child's password - not adults!

Reset child's password - not adults!: Hi there, So my little one can access her school work during this coronavirus crisis, I've dutifully set her up with her own email account - that now appears on my family section. However, I instantly forgot her accounts password and want to reset this - the form that I've...
  10. Child account password reset

Child account password reset: Hi, i created a child account a while back and dont remember the password. Neither i nor my kid has ever signed into that account. So, i cannot answer some if not most of the recovery questions asked to reset the password. questions like who sent you emails, subject line...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to update a childs password for windows