Windows 10: Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

Discus and support Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer came with no disks. It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobbyONeill, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

My computer came with no disks.

It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it.

:)

BobbyONeill, Jul 28, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 28, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Aidan_830 Win User

Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

Reset to factory defaults.

Hello, I have been thinking about resetting my computer to its factory default settings. Currently I have installed Windows 10 (I believe my computer came with Windows 8). I was just wondering, if I reset my computer to its factory default settings, will
    windows 10 be the OS that is re-installed? If not, when/if Microsoft starts charging money for the Windows 10 OS will I still be eligible to upgrade for free since I chose to upgrade before?

Aidan_830, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

1. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resetting computer factory

2. How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Gaming Computer?: Going to sell an older gaming PC. I would think I need to factory reset the computer. How would I do that so it cleans out everything? It’s operating Windows 10. Or what else should I do before selling the computer?...
  3. Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart: Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart, deleting any settings, files, or internet links on the computer....
  4. Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart: Windows keeps resetting to factory default when I turn on the computer or restart, deleting any settings, files, or internet links on the computer....
  5. Windows update reset computer to factory?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reset computer to factory?: Hello all, I installed the latest Windows update a few days ago and my computer has reset itself completely too what it was when it was new. Files I'd saved, apps I've installed, everything is gone. I've re-set my defaults and as soon as the computer reboots again, it's...
  6. Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults: Hello, I bought a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL with Windows 10, and when I received it, it had been already turned on by the seller to install modifications. I was aware that something like this might happen. Whoever logged into the laptop to install the modifications...
  7. Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen

Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen: Hello, i had to reset my computer back to factory default due to it previously being my work computer and now im using it for personal use. I have done everything correctly, it said it cleaned up my computer 100%, and now its frozen, it just shows the Dell logo on my screen....
  8. how to reset computer to factory defaults

how to reset computer to factory defaults: I inherited my sister's computer. I would like to start fresh and reset to factory defaults. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-computer-to-factory-defaults/ce82e6cc-8d6b-4fee-b70e-0f6107db0aee
  9. Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10: How to: Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 How to Reset Security Key to Factory Defaults in Windows 10 A security key (ex: YubiKey) is a physical device that you can use instead of your user name and password to sign in. Since its used in addition to a...
  10. Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults: How to: Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults How to Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults [img] Information There may be times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One, such as when you sell it or give it to a friend. There may also be times when you...