Windows 10: Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

Discus and support Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by caroltapp, Jun 22, 2016.

1. caroltapp Win User

Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1

Is it possible to reset a computer which originally had Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10? I want it back to the way it was AFTER the upgrade, just as if it had been a new computer with Win 10 installed. I have backed up all data files (and have all software for reinstallation) so want only Windows 10 on it.

:)

caroltapp, Jun 22, 2016

2. Are two of my computers so old that networking and homegrouping will not work with win 10

I have two other questions about networking that were not answered. So maybe this is the answer below:

Maybe because the two computers that had win 7 are so old about 2007or 2008 and really need to be updated so that networking and homegrouping will work. Although in the previous versions of win 8.1 and win 7 networking work pretty good. SEE BELOW

Desktop Asus motherboard M2A-VM 2008 original win 7 new update win 10

Laptop Medion 2008 or 9 original win 7 new update win 10

Laptop Lenovo ideapad S210 touch original 8.1 new update win 10

HerbertMcDonald, Jun 22, 2016
  3. c slover Win User
    Windows 10 installation fails.

hi all, i have 2 computers one with win.7 ultimate and the other one has win 7 starter . every time win 10 tryes to download it fails and has tried 9 times on both computers and all other updates and thing work fine both computer had been checked for compatibility
    and had reservations for win 10.

Original title: windows 10.

c slover, Jun 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Yes.
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

If asked for a product key, click "I don't have a product key", "skip", or "do this later". As long as you install the same version of Windows 10 you had before, it will activate automatically by retrieving the digital license from Microsoft activation servers when you connect to the internet.

NavyLCDR, Jun 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Resetting computer which originally had Win 7 and was updated to Win 1 - Similar Threads - Resetting computer originally

2. Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset: After updating Vista to Win 7 & Win 10, what would happen if I reset computer.I would like to reinstall Win 10.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vista-win-7-then-win-10-reset/81eae0e2-b860-408f-81c9-59db287950b1
  3. Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset: After updating Vista to Win 7 & Win 10, what would happen if I reset computer.I would like to reinstall Win 10.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vista-win-7-then-win-10-reset/81eae0e2-b860-408f-81c9-59db287950b1
  4. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...: Now want to update, but won't update to Pro...so I'll lose my apps going from Pro to Home. Any work around? Some of my apps are out of support, so will no longer update, or even install the older versions. I would really hate to have to repurchase a working app, some of which...
  5. Latest Win 10 Update & Restart ** Always Resets Win 10 original settings

Latest Win 10 Update & Restart ** Always Resets Win 10 original settings: The latest "Update & Restart" dialog Oct 2020 on my Win 10 Laptop reset Win 10 back to initial settings, Edge as default browser, all original settings from the original install. Most of the software appears uninstalled or unresponsive, Solitaire suite, most apps show just a...
  6. update win 7 to win 10

update win 7 to win 10: When trying to update windows 7 pro to windows 10 home I get the message : We couldn't install Windows 10 0xC19101-0x20017 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation . what to do?...
  7. updating win 7 to win 10

updating win 7 to win 10: i have a dell desktop with win 7 pro. have tried 2 days to upgrade to win 10 with no success. when checking for updated it tells me i have to unistall avira anti virus. done that, plus download trouble shooter to no avail. looking for advice...
  8. connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer: Hello, I am trying to transfer files from my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer. I do not know why this is so difficult. I need to transfer the files before I upgrade to windows 10 on the win 7 computer, I am exhausted with all of the settings, this should be...
  9. Reset to Win 7 from Win 10

Reset to Win 7 from Win 10: How do I delete a user when it does not have a name but a long number starting wit S-1-5-21-2703684248- etc. Tere is only one (1) user registered and that is the administrator. My notebook is "too old" (circa 2009) to handle Win10, therefore I need to revert back to Win 7...
  10. Update win 7 to win 10

Update win 7 to win 10: Well after a success with my 8.1 desktop I have upgraded my win 7 laptop all went well note this upgrade takes three hours worked ok for a while & for some reason apps would only stay open for a second or two very strange decided to do restart it now seems to be working ok,...