Windows 10: Resetting computer without loosing personal files

Discus and support Resetting computer without loosing personal files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, So I got a computer from a friend, resetted it a couple days ago to clean it entirely, it is a HP EliteBook *360. While trying to solve an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxCryl, Nov 27, 2019.

1. MaxCryl Win User

Resetting computer without loosing personal files

Hello,

So I got a computer from a friend, resetted it a couple days ago to clean it entirely, it is a HP EliteBook *360.

While trying to solve an internet issue on another computer I accidentaly brought this hp to a recovery point instead of the former.

It won't launch now. Always opens the recovery interface. Tried most of the options available, bringing it back to the latest recovery point won't work, Windows 7 won't launch. Resetting while keeping my data as well.

I am thinking of downloading Windows environnment in a usb drive, but will loose some recordings I have on the computer. Is there any way I can keep my personal files and reset the computer ?

Thanks in advance,

Max

:)

MaxCryl, Nov 27, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 27, 2019
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Resetting computer without loosing personal files

Personal files not removed after reset

Hi Steve,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask few information:

• Do you have any external drives connected to your PC?
    • Is your OneDrive sync On?

If you have an external drive connected to your PC, I suggest that you disconnect it first before you perform the reset on your computer.

Ruizell Rey, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Resetting computer without loosing personal files

1. Resetting computer without loosing personal files - Similar Threads - Resetting computer without

2. I am trying to reset my PC without loosing files. What is the right thing to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to reset my PC without loosing files. What is the right thing to do?: Hello,I request to kindly help me through. System has only C drive.I deleted the account login and now it's running defaultuser100001 user.I am not sure about this procedures >>>...
  3. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  4. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows: Hi, My laptop recently crashed every time I play games. Turns out there's a corrupted window file and I decided to reset my Windows. Since I'm a student I want to save absolute everything from my C: driveMy questions are:-1. Do I need to backup or copy my files to another...
  5. Keep Personal Files on Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files

Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Personal Files: Hello, Recently, I have some problems with Windows 10. For example: 1. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/162956/visual-studio-2019-can39t-run-ucrtbaseddll.html?childToView=162868#answer-162868 2....
  7. Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Salvaging Personal Files Before Reset: Pretty straightforward question. Windows 10 BSOD “BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO”, spent like 5 hours trying every solution I could find, nothing worked. I’m about to do a clean install from a USB. Is there any way I can do that without deleting personal files? I’m fine losing apps...
  8. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  9. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have a question about the reset PC and keeping personal data does it delete programs and there data too or does it delete apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pc-without-deleting-personal-files/627eec92-5065-4137-afbf-9e64a24bfbe5
  10. can i reset my pc without loosing window os

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i reset my pc without loosing window os: can i reset my pc without loosing window os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset/38ee12a8-6552-4f1f-aabe-4a1e223baef1