Windows 10: Resetting computer

Discus and support Resetting computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im resetting my pc but i forgot and left my ethernet cable plugged in and i know its going to take forever so i want to be able to hop on my xbox,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XxLANESTERxX, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Resetting computer

Im resetting my pc but i forgot and left my ethernet cable plugged in and i know its going to take forever so i want to be able to hop on my xbox, would it cause any problem to take the ethernet cord out of the back during the reset. I know the reset itself doesn’t rely on internet connection but i know the resets can be troublesome at times and i just dont want to get stuck on a % or screw anything up. Thanks.

:)

XxLANESTERxX, Sep 28, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 28, 2020
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 28, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Resetting computer

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Resetting computer

1. Resetting computer - Similar Threads - Resetting computer

2. Computer basically reset itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer basically reset itself.: So last night, I was trying to download a game onto an sd card. I forgot to keep my computer open so the download didn't finish and I had to restart it. When I restart it, I thought it was going to be downloaded to the wrong location so I cancel the download. This caused File...
  3. Computer not turning on after a reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer not turning on after a reset: Hi I was trying to reset my computer, and after I reset it, it would load for like 3 seconds, shut off, and do the exact same again. The whole percentage loading screen occurred, and it seemed like it was trying to reboot itself. But it wouldn't start. I've disconnected all...
  4. Hello, I have a question. So when you factory reset the computer and select the option...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello, I have a question. So when you factory reset the computer and select the option...: So a few days ago I wanted to start fresh with my computer and I factory reset it and chose the option which should clear everything. But now when I opened the computer again everything is still there! But most of it said it was installed today... why isn’t it all gone?...
  5. My computers reset is messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers reset is messed up: I don’t know why this is happening but my pc has been experiencing many issues that ive had to personally deal with and this is the first time something like this has happened[IMG]...
  6. Reset Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Computer: Hi, I am wondering how do I blank slate my computer? Reset will not work as it keeps asking me to free up space, even when i have done so, none of the other options for recovery have worked, safe mode does nothing to fix the issue, and i just want to wipe this computer clean...
  7. A recent automatic Windows update crashed my computer - can't even reset it from the...

A recent automatic Windows update crashed my computer - can't even reset it from the...: My computer boots only into the "Diagnosing your PC" and then cannot repair your PC comes up. Even when I choose the Trouble shoot/Advanced options, and click on Reset my PC, nothing happens. I just go back to the doom loop. What can I do?...
  8. Computer showing shut down or reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer showing shut down or reset: The problem began first when starting up the computer. It took a long time to load and when it loaded,It showed all icons in chinese.After restarting it,It again took a long time to load and the screen was not responsive. The screen later showed the picture and after that,a...
  9. Windows Update Ate My Computer. Can't boot, restore, safemode, reset, or unupdate. Can...

Windows Update Ate My Computer. Can't boot, restore, safemode, reset, or unupdate. Can...: Yesterday, my 32-bit, Windows Home Premium decided to update. I saw it when it had the whirling dots and a message that it was 42% done. I let it run all day. It never got past 42. I powered it off and restarted it. Now it only boots to Windows PE, and I can only run the...
  10. Is resetting my computer constantly harmful?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is resetting my computer constantly harmful?: (Sorry if my English is not perfect I am native) I have been working with a Windows 10 for about 2 or 3 years, and in the first year, I didn’t really care about my computer getting any type of malware, since I store everything online and I don’t share any personal...