Windows 10: Resetting Dell laptop

Discus and support Resetting Dell laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had to pullout my older dell laptop. Went through the process to reset the computer but now i cannot login after startup. It keeps pulling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JWhar0513, Jun 11, 2020.

1. JWhar0513 Win User

Resetting Dell laptop

I recently had to pullout my older dell laptop. Went through the process to reset the computer but now i cannot login after startup. It keeps pulling up the administrator to login but it tells me the specified domain cannot be contacted or does not exist. It is a dell inspiron 15-3552

:)

JWhar0513, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

Resetting Dell laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Jun 11, 2020
  3. reset laptop password

i could not figure out what forum this should go in, so feel free to move to whatever forum it should be in.
    a friend just called, and said he has 2 daughters and 2 dell laptops. his daughters have lost the password to both laptops. is there a way to reset the password without a full reformat? he said his daughters have a lot of music, pictures, ect. and wants to avoid reinstalling windows.
    i know that a long time ago there was a jumper on the motherboard that would reset the password on a regular pc. is there such a jumper on a laptop? or is there any free software that would let him reset the passwords? he can not afford a dell tech to fix, and i told him i would see if there was a way to reset it without a format. thanks!
    he called me from out of state and due to a bad connection i couldnt find out what model laptops they are. thanks again! sam

Samdbugman, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Resetting Dell laptop

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Resetting Dell laptop

1. Resetting Dell laptop - Similar Threads - Resetting Dell laptop

2. Factory reseting Dell Inspiron laptop with a broken screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reseting Dell Inspiron laptop with a broken screen: So I found my old laptop but the screen is internally cracked, so I can't use it anymore the way it is. I decided to plug it in into an external monitor, and it worked as a desktop and it was working fine, although it was slow. However, I forgot about it again. Today I found...
  3. Factory reseting Dell Inspiron laptop with a broken screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reseting Dell Inspiron laptop with a broken screen: So I found my old laptop but the screen is internally cracked, so I can't use it anymore the way it is. I decided to plug it in into an external monitor, and it worked as a desktop and it was working fine, although it was slow. However, I forgot about it again. Today I found...
  4. Trouble resetting Dell laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble resetting Dell laptop with windows 10: Today I decided to reset my laptop, erasing all files and programs and starting fresh. The performance was suboptimal and I didnt have anything too important on it. However, when i get to a screen asking me my home country, preferred language, keyboard layout, and time zone,...
  5. Resetting Windows 10 on Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting Windows 10 on Dell laptop: I did a reset of my Dell G7 7588 using Dell Usb Recovery Tool. It boots up up and tries to log me into administrator, when I click sign it says that this account has been disabled. I had a personal account before that I used but now am unable to find it....
  6. Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10

Help Resetting Dell Laptop with Windows 10: Hello, I have the Dell G3 3779 which recently has given me trouble with internet based apps. It will connect only some of the applications browsers, skype for business, email, etc . I have tried multiple applications and its a hit and miss. The behavior is simply not...
  7. Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default: Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-dell-laptop-screen-color-to-default/238da057-d345-45b4-894b-1e8e97938716
  8. Can't reset Dell laptop.

Can't reset Dell laptop.: I recently reset my Dell laptop. Starts off with "Hi there" and I fill in basic information. Then I'm met with a screen that says "Why did my pc restart? There's a problem that's keeping us form geting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get tings working...
  9. Dell Laptop / Windows 10 factory reset ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dell Laptop / Windows 10 factory reset ?: I had a relative reset my settings and now many things have changed. I miss the way it was when new. many features do not work anymore. Can someone please help me ? Thank You....
  10. Password reset on a dell laptop

Password reset on a dell laptop: I am helping a friend who has a Dell laptop. It came with Windows 8 and no upgraded to Windows 10. Computer turns on, but no passwords work. Friend says she did not have a password and then there was an upgrade. I changed her Microsoft account so we have a password, but...