Windows 10: Resetting laptop and start menu not working

Discus and support Resetting laptop and start menu not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I cant open my start menu when i try to open it. I thought resetting my laptop would fix that issue but when i tried resetting it said "There was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RuralRaccoon826, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Resetting laptop and start menu not working

I cant open my start menu when i try to open it. I thought resetting my laptop would fix that issue but when i tried resetting it said "There was a problem resetting your PC". i looked up YouTube tutorials to how to fix it but it didn't help am i doing something wrong?

:)

RuralRaccoon826, Mar 27, 2020

2. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Resetting laptop and start menu not working

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Resetting laptop and start menu not working

1. Resetting laptop and start menu not working - Similar Threads - Resetting laptop start

2. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  3. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  4. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset Start menu to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Start menu to default: I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden...
  6. start menu not working

start menu not working: On window updation on 2/2/2020 the start menu and microsoft edge not working. Try to fix using trobleshoot and other ways. please suggest the method for rectification or send patch file for it...
  7. Start menu not working

Start menu not working: Start menu isn't working on my new GF62Vr 7rf, it shows the blue loading icon for half a second but nothing opens, I've tried so many solutions. Also it's an msi laptop....
  8. Start Menu resets on sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu resets on sign in: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 update), my Start menu resets every time I sign in. All the installed apps show "New", the tiles get reset, and all Start Settings get reset too. Also, after some time, when I navigate to the Start Settings, all...
  9. Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working: Laptop is slow to start up and start menu & button not working, it happened after the last windows 10 updates. I read that so many people have the same problem. I tried many of the solutions online, but nothing seems working. Please helpppppppppppp...
  10. Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Not Working: Hey all, so i've been struggling for the last few hours after a re-install of windows 10 - I had been encoutnering issues with another application so I decided to just blow my OS and start from scratch. I had been running on that OS for 5 months without any issue. So I...