Windows 10: resetting laptop for new user

Discus and support resetting laptop for new user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys im selling my laptop because i have bought a new one so i need to wipe everything off it so that the person i sell to can set up from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lanceray19604, Jun 1, 2020.

1. resetting laptop for new user

hi guys

im selling my laptop because i have bought a new one so i need to wipe everything off it so that the person i sell to can set up from the start, what do i do.

thanks

:)

lanceray19604, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Jun 1, 2020
  4. resetting laptop for new user

Other Users-PW Reset

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "netplwiz" and press Enter key.
    • Select the user account and click on "Reset password"
    • Enter the new password.

You may also see the data of all the user accounts by following the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type ".." and press Enter key.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

resetting laptop for new user

1. resetting laptop for new user - Similar Threads - resetting laptop user

2. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  3. cannot add new user to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot add new user to my laptop: I want to setup a new user account but when I go to set one up it is not allowing me to do it I am also have problems with updating apps on windows store this is why I want to setup a new user account and keep all my files and apps...
  4. Does Windows create a new user to reset your pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows create a new user to reset your pin?: Hello, I just reset my login pin using my password and initially didn't have an internet connection. When I went back I noticed that there was a new user with their own pin as well as my account. The new user disappeared when I logged in. It's a new laptop and I've done a...
  5. Resetting my Laptop and Installing to New SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting my Laptop and Installing to New SSD: Hi,I wanted to do a factory reset to my laptop and reset my pc. I have two drives installed in my system. What I wanted to know is when I Reset my PC, will I be able to choose which drive I want to have my Windows installed in?...
  6. mail app not sending emails new user new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail app not sending emails new user new laptop: hello, I bought a new laptop running on windows 10. hp 15-cs3153cl model. I use icloud as my primary email source. I can see all the emails I have received on recently and the new ones that come in as well but I cant send an email to no one. this message displays. "We...
  7. New user on my laptop cannot sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New user on my laptop cannot sign in: I created a new user on my laptop. They used their Outlook.com email and password to create the account. They signed out and I signed back in. Later I signed out and they tried to sign back in, but they got this message: The Group Policy Client service failed the sign-in...
  8. New laptop - how to manage user accounts on it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New laptop - how to manage user accounts on it?: I have a new laptop. It has been given to me by the shop with a preinstalled Local Administrator Account. This account has a user name, but does not have a password. This looks to me to be a security weakness. What do you think? What I would like to do in order to create on...
  9. New user account sound settings reset

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user account sound settings reset: as the title suggests i made a new account (local) and then made it an admin aswell yet the sound settings reset on that account all the time for example if i set chrome to 30% it will jump back to 100% after re opening chrome,systemsounds jumps straioght back to 100%...
  10. Reset Windows for new user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows for new user: I want to reset my Windows and clear the drive. I plan to sell the PC and want to reset it for someone. But when it resets it makes you set up a user account. Is there a step in the process on the reset/reinstall I could shut down and the user could pick up later and choose...