Windows 10: Resetting Local Policy on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Resetting Local Policy on Windows 10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Surface Pro 7 and at some point the local policy had been messed up to where I must follow my school's guidelines on setting my PIN, as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rustin109, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Rustin109 Win User

Resetting Local Policy on Windows 10 Home

Hi, I have a Surface Pro 7 and at some point the local policy had been messed up to where I must follow my school's guidelines on setting my PIN, as well as changing my PIN every so often. I use three other windows devices total: Desktop running 10 Pro, Surface Pro running 10 Pro, Surface Pro 4 running 10 Pro. On all of these other devices I can access my schools Office 365 apps without the requirement of changing my PIN following my school's guidelines.

Since the Surface Pro 7 shipped with 10 Home, I don't have access to the gpedit.exe tool that I have seen used online so I was looking for suggestions on how to fix this issue without wiping my tablet and starting over.

In the past I've reinstalled Windows while keeping my applications and files, but I wasn't sure if that would restore the local policy so I don't have to follow my school's guidelines

Thanks

:)

Rustin109, Mar 23, 2020
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 23, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hello Jackie,

To answer your question on how to access/obtain Local Security Policy, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you logged in to your computer as an administrator?
    • What edition of Windows 10 are you using? (e.g. Home, Pro, or Enterprise)

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Resetting Local Policy on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Resetting Local Policy

2. Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition: Ever wondered if you can get gpedit.msc for Windows 10 Home? Well it is, and can be done fairly easily. But using gpedit.msc does have some limits and may not work as intended. How can I try it? Using any version of Windows 10 you are able to download the installer...
  3. is secpol.msc or local security policy unavailable in windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is secpol.msc or local security policy unavailable in windows 10 Home: is secpol.msc unavailable on windows 10 home ? As when I was wondering around YouTube searching for how to enable password while downloading or making changing in os , and I got one result in which I came to know aboutlocal security policy in administrative tools, in that...
  4. Local Security Policy Reset After Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Security Policy Reset After Updates: I manage a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop that has its own local auditing policies. It has never touched a domain so has no AD policies over-riding the local policies. The policies are set in secpol.msc. When an update is applied some items are reset to the default, not all...
  5. Windows 10 Local Policy's

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Local Policy's: Guys, I am looking for examples of looking policy's, the how to change the background for everyone or for 1 specific user. And it isn't only the background, but also other examples of Local Policy at a Windows 10 non-domain computer. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  6. Windows 10 Local Policy's

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Local Policy's: Guys, I am looking for examples of looking policy's, the how to change the background for everyone or for 1 specific user. And it isn't only the background, but also other examples of Local Policy at a Windows 10 non-domain computer. Anyone who can help me with this?...
  7. Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Group Policy, Local Policy Used to Limit Access WIN 10 Home: I am just wondering how GP, LP, and RDP/RDC are being used to limit my access and install, configure and manage my system resources when I only have Windows 10 Home which should not contain those capabilities. I certainly do not have access to gpedit, or LP, and no matter...
  8. Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Apply Local Group Policy to Non-Administrators in Windows 10 Home: Hi I know this is not available in Win10 Home edition. I am running an Intel Stick PC with Win10 Home installed. It will only be running a RDP Session under a user account. But Support will be remote and we need Full Admin access to make changes Etc. GPedit.msc is...
  9. Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows: How to: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows How to Reset All Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows [img] Information Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in with rules that administrators...
  10. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a...