Windows 10: Resetting login p/w:

Discus and support Resetting login p/w: in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Richard D.Ramirez, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Resetting login p/w:

Which it the best way to reset a windows 10 login P/W?

:)

Richard D.Ramirez, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Live Mail: When I attempt to log in, message is email addy and/or P/W not right.

OK. Cox should be able to help. We may have some account setting wrong. They can reset your password if necessary. Good luck.

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Resetting login p/w:

Login prefilling p's

I'm using my deceased husband's laptop which I have had no problem with for 2.5 years. The last time I signed out it wouldn't shutdown. It just kept saying shutting down. I did hard reboots several times. I finally after many variations of manipulation
    got back to the login screen but the password field prefills with p's. I cannot get it to stop prefilling to put the password in. I tried to reset the password but after several steps it asked about recent emails and their subjects. No emails have been sent
    from this computer in 2.5 years. So I couldn't go that route. Any help is appreciated.

MarilynWhite1, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Resetting login p/w:

1. Resetting login p/w: - Similar Threads - Resetting login

2. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  3. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in: I have done a pc reset to set up new user but it has old user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-computer-and-cant-get-into-it-to/26b72641-6c54-4e93-9768-0d9431da250e
  4. I have reset my computer and cant get into it to login in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset: Also did not recognize my face/had to reset!First time this has ever happened to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-doesnt-recognize-my-pinhad-to-reset/9cc56f12-c3d8-480d-a43a-d0e6def5dfc4
  6. Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset

Login doesn't recognize my PIN/had to reset: Also did not recognize my face/had to reset!First time this has ever happened to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-doesnt-recognize-my-pinhad-to-reset/9cc56f12-c3d8-480d-a43a-d0e6def5dfc4
  7. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  8. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password: I was given a laptop from my work and I have now left my job but I have forgotten the password and I am stuck on the login screen without the password. Is there a way to factory reset the laptop in this position....
  9. How do I factory reset my computer from the login screen without knowing the password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The PIN to login to my computer stopped working - cant reset it: The 4 digit PIN that I use to unlock and login to my computer just stopped working all of the sudden. I’ve tried to click the link to send me an email to verify it, but it wont send me an email. It is making me use the phone number added to the account and the # is no longer...