Windows 10: Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

Discus and support Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My mom's apartment experienced an electrical outage that affected the TV and the All-in-one ASUS computer with Windows 10 and 4G RAM on restart. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YLeung_036, May 26, 2023.

1. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

My mom's apartment experienced an electrical outage that affected the TV and the All-in-one ASUS computer with Windows 10 and 4G RAM on restart. After restarting, I can only reset the computer which needed the actual Microsoft Account password and not the PIN to authorize the reset. I chose to keep the files option for the reset.After the reset, there was NO INTERNET CONNECTION. I have since prepared her data for a new computer. Upon adding her to my computer’s Family & Other Users family member with the same Microsoft Account used on the ASUS Windows 10 computer, the password that was wor

:)

YLeung_036, May 26, 2023
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password - Microsoft Support

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 26, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Restoro resets password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to sign in to the computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Do you receive the option to enter password on the sign in screen?

As you are using a Microsoft account, I would suggest you to try resetting the password for the Microsoft account, to connect the computer to Internet using Ethernet and then try logging in to the computer. Refer the article on

Reset your Microsoft account password

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2023
  4. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

1. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset - Similar Threads - Resetting Microsoft Account

2. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset: My mom's apartment experienced an electrical outage that affected the TV and the All-in-one ASUS computer with Windows 10 and 4G RAM on restart. After restarting, I can only reset the computer which needed the actual Microsoft Account password and not the PIN to authorize the...
  3. Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Microsoft Account Password with no internet connection after Computer Reset: My mom's apartment experienced an electrical outage that affected the TV and the All-in-one ASUS computer with Windows 10 and 4G RAM on restart. After restarting, I can only reset the computer which needed the actual Microsoft Account password and not the PIN to authorize the...
  4. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Microsoft Account Password Reset: My mom turned off her laptop and when she tried to restart it the password seems to have changed. She enjoyed watching the sideshow flip through old pictures and sending the weather report to friends. We know what the password was, but it no longer works. We went through the...
  5. Microsoft Account Password Reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Password Reset: My mom turned off her laptop and when she tried to restart it the password seems to have changed. She enjoyed watching the sideshow flip through old pictures and sending the weather report to friends. We know what the password was, but it no longer works. We went through the...
  6. Resetting microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting microsoft account password: Hi everyoneHave a bit of a dilemma with my in-law's laptop. They can't seem to log into it, as it is asking for the PIN with an outlook account. They don't remember the PIN and I have been told that they have been logging onto the computer previously with a password which is...
  7. Resetting microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting microsoft account password: Hi everyoneHave a bit of a dilemma with my in-law's laptop. They can't seem to log into it, as it is asking for the PIN with an outlook account. They don't remember the PIN and I have been told that they have been logging onto the computer previously with a password which is...
  8. Resetting microsoft account password

9. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Microsoft Account Password Reset: I have an elderly friend who uses the Mail app in Win 10 to access his hotmail email account. His email address is also the email address he used for his username when he or someone on his behalf created his Microsoft Account some time ago.. He is receiving the Fix Account...
  10. Microsoft account Password reset

Microsoft account Password reset: On logging in today, i was asked for a change of password and then I received an e-mail from Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> 19/03/2020 12:21 1 Microsoft account Password reset code. This looks legit, but is this the way I would get a...