Windows 10: Resetting my computer locked me out

Discus and support Resetting my computer locked me out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zephaniahalston, May 2, 2019.

1. Resetting my computer locked me out

I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update

* Moved from Virus & Malware

* Original title: Resetting my computer

:)

zephaniahalston, May 2, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, May 2, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, May 2, 2019
  4. Resetting my computer locked me out

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Resetting my computer locked me out

1. Resetting my computer locked me out - Similar Threads - Resetting computer locked

2. Locked out of Microsoft on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of Microsoft on my computer: I have been locked out of my Microsoft on my computer. Online account works fine, but Cortana and Outlook and other features requiring my filling in a box - such as asking Cortana to find something - don't work. I have a blinking icon in the box, but when I type nothing...
  3. Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows locked me out of my computer for no reason: So i was cleaning my computer earlier today and getting ready for backing it up with aomei backupper, and windows decided to add a password to my user account for some reason, without notifying me first. So i tried to sign in after booting my computer, and got a message...
  4. locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of my computer: I'm unable to log in to my computer. it was working perfectly fine and its a new laptop anyways, the screen displays symbols instead of the day and date, and any click makes the screen go blue for few seconds and then it comes back to those symbols screen....
  5. My computer is locking me out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locking me out: i dont even know what to do at this point my start button and search button dont open when i click them i cant right click them when i try to run any thing in the run box it says my computer isnt ready the only things i can open are some of my files and my command prompt....
  6. Locked out of "MY" Computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of "MY" Computer.: I WANT TO KNOW HOW DOES MICROSOFT HAVE THE AUDACITY TO LOCK ME OUT OF MY OWN COMPUTER?????!!!!!! YOUR TECHNICIAN UPGRADED MY SYSTEM YESTERDAY AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET IN IS TO HAVE INTERNET. I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE "0x8007139f" . How is it even possible for you to think hat is...
  7. Locked out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of my computer.: I cannot log in on startup. I tried to change the password on my phone but it didn't work. Just keep saying password incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-computer/73ab6dff-0745-46fc-8e9e-dacf37c8aac1
  8. Locked out my PC by reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out my PC by reset: I've been having some GPU problems this week SO I decided to change to on board graphics and reset my PC using Windows diagnostics. However after my computer reset and Windows 10 installed I was greeted at the log in screen with "Other User" which required a username and...
  9. Locked out of my computer... HELP!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my computer... HELP!!: So I have always had an SSD installed to my computer... but just didn't know how to configure that as a boot drive. My friend suggested that I do, and I tried. And now my Windows 10 is asking me to use the hotmail.com id/password to log in to my WIndows, but .. it is...
  10. No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Password, but Microsoft locks me out of my computer: I've setup this computer for the primary user to not have a password. However, upon creating a Microsoft account, the system AUTOMATICALLY changed my account from Local to MS. Of course, using KeePass, we created a secure account with an unknown password. Locked out!...