Windows 10: resetting my laptop, will i lose windows?

Discus and support resetting my laptop, will i lose windows? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so i'm resetting my laptop, i have Windows 10 pro, if i reset will i lose it? i got windows by purchasing a key from Microsoft. could i just boot from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JayMac4, Dec 30, 2018.

1. JayMac4 Win User

resetting my laptop, will i lose windows?

so i'm resetting my laptop, i have Windows 10 pro, if i reset will i lose it? i got windows by purchasing a key from Microsoft. could i just boot from the .iso on SD then reenter that key, or will i need to purchase a new key?

:)

JayMac4, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Losing internet connection intermittently only on laptop

Hi Lindamartin,

For us to know the reason why your laptop is losing internet connection intermittently and how to fix it, we would like to know more information:

• Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it will solve the issue:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Internet Connections.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

We suggest you to update the Network adapters driver from the Device Manager.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on
    Device Manager.

2. Expand the
    Network adapters driver from the list.

3. Right click on the driver and click on
    Update driver Software.

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. resetting my laptop, will i lose windows? - Similar Threads - resetting laptop lose

2. Will I lose my activation after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose my activation after reset?: Hello, I recently brought an ASUS laptop. Then I turned on the GPU Ultimate mode overclocking ig but as soon as I turned it on and restarted the laptop I started to get the "debug menu". Can I reset my laptop using an bootable USB and not lose my windows activation?The image...
  3. will i lose my windows if i reset/fromat my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will i lose my windows if i reset/fromat my laptop: Hi i am using ASUS laptop which has Windows 10 inbuilt but it's becoming slowly day by day so i thought of resetting it but then the thought of losing original windows won't letting me do soCan you guys please help me that what happens if i reset everything include the C...
  4. will i lose my windows if i reset/fromat my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will i lose my windows if i reset/fromat my laptop: Hi i am using ASUS laptop which has Windows 10 inbuilt but it's becoming slowly day by day so i thought of resetting it but then the thought of losing original windows won't letting me do soCan you guys please help me that what happens if i reset everything include the C...
  5. will i lose my windows if i reset/fromat my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Will i lose Windows 10 If i completely reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will i lose Windows 10 If i completely reset my laptop?: Im using windows 10 but at the right part on the bottom of the screen there is a watermark telling me to activate windows or something. Does this watermark somehow mean that if i reset my laptop ill lose Windows? submitted by /u/paparagizopoulos [link] [comments]...
  7. Can I factory reset my windows laptop without losing my window's key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I factory reset my windows laptop without losing my window's key?: I got this Asus laptop 4 months ago as a gift. It already has windows installed and I don't have or know the license key. Sadly i have to sell this for financial reasons and I'm trying to delete all my data and factory reset it. The problem is I have no idea how to do so...
  8. Can I factory reset my windows laptop without losing my window's key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I factory reset my windows laptop without losing my window's key?: I got this Asus laptop 4 months ago as a gift. It already has windows installed and I don't have or know the license key. Sadly i have to sell this for financial reasons and I'm trying to delete all my data and factory reset it. The problem is I have no idea how to do so...
  9. Can I factory reset my windows laptop without losing my window's key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
  10. Do i lose my windows 10 pro if i reset the laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do i lose my windows 10 pro if i reset the laptop: How about if i choose to remove all the files? Does it affected my activation license windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-lose-my-windows-10-pro-if-i-reset-the-laptop/e8274354-ca4f-445d-9e72-94a9590574c3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i want to reset my laptop to factory settings but have the free upgrade to windows 10 which I will lose. do i have to buy windows 10?