Windows 10: Resetting My PC Laptop

Discus and support Resetting My PC Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop won't reset!!! Without Windows Installation OR Recovery Media CD!!! Which I don't have!!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonanMulligan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Resetting My PC Laptop

My laptop won't reset!!! Without Windows Installation OR Recovery Media CD!!! Which I don't have!!!

:)

RonanMulligan, Sep 11, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. n-ster Win User

Resetting My PC Laptop

n-ster, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Resetting My PC Laptop

1. Resetting My PC Laptop - Similar Threads - Resetting Laptop

2. Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App missing after Laptop reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Windows Photo App missing after Laptop reset.: I recently reset my Windows 10 Hewlett-Packard computer back to factory settings to fix some issues I'd encountered here and now. Anyway, after the reset, my computer no longer had the Microsoft Store nor the Windows Photo App, and I'm concerned. I've attempted using the...
  3. My Laptop is stuck in a recovery loop and I can’t even Factory reset it either.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop is stuck in a recovery loop and I can’t even Factory reset it either.: I own a Predator gaming laptop with a geforce gtx 1060 i7 and i think 16 gigabytes of ram. Anyways as I was using it it suddenly crashed and tried to automatically repair itself. It didn’t work, i then went to advanced settings and tried to reset the pc while keeping all my...
  4. MSI laptop with windows 10 reset issue

MSI laptop with windows 10 reset issue: My MSI laptop running Windows 10 has not been running at its best recently so today i decided to do the windows full clear and reset. I managed to get as far as the services section of the set up and ive been been stick on a blue screen for about an hour (pic attached). I...
  5. I updated my HP Pavillion laptop to the latest version of windows 10 and it reset my device

I updated my HP Pavillion laptop to the latest version of windows 10 and it reset my device: I updated my HP Pavillion laptop to the latest version of windows 10 and it reset my device. All my music and family recordings are gone, 12,000 items in my downloads are gone as well. I recovered what I could from the USER folder but again still missing 12k items, I can't...
  6. Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes for no apparent reason. Only way to restart it is by a hard reset.: Laptop freezes every few minutes. Nothing except a hard reset gets it going again. Gigabyte Sabre i7. Still under warranty, returned twice to Loot for repairs. They insist it is working properly. 7 hard resets in the last 4 hours of use. Can you assist?...
  7. Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default: Reset Dell Laptop screen color to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-dell-laptop-screen-color-to-default/238da057-d345-45b4-894b-1e8e97938716
  8. Laptop + Monitor resets where to send signal to laptop instead of 4k monitor when restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop + Monitor resets where to send signal to laptop instead of 4k monitor when restarted: Hi, First up, this situation has been going on for quite some time (several years at least) I use the windows key + P to put signal from my laptop to the 4k monitor connected with miniport (only one available for 4k) the when I restart the computer or shut down until next...
  9. Can’t Reset Laptop at all?

Can’t Reset Laptop at all?: I have a fairly new asus laptop made in 2018 and was working great for a few months, but after a time the audio stopped working if their was nothing connected in (headphones), money has been tight so i was meaning to reset it to fix the audio issue then sell it, but no matter...
  10. Power Losd during laptop reset/reformat

Power Losd during laptop reset/reformat: Hi, im using asus eee pc laptop. im trying to reset my laptop when in mid way it got interrupted due to power loss. i managed to finish the resetting at 100%, then in the next process i do not know what that was. i accidentally pulled the adapter. this screen keeps on...