Windows 10: Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate

Discus and support Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I reset my PC through the Recovery options in Windows settings yesterday. Everything seemed to go well, however, when my PC restarted it upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by flamelet, Oct 6, 2019.

1. flamelet Win User

Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate

I reset my PC through the Recovery options in Windows settings yesterday. Everything seemed to go well, however, when my PC restarted it upgraded to Windows 10 Pro when I previously had Windows 10 Home

Now I can't activate Windows and my PC is claiming my Windows 10 installation is not genuine. What should I do? I never even had the option to select a Windows 10 version during resetting

:)

flamelet, Oct 6, 2019

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 6, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Resetting my Windows installed Windows 10 Pro, now I can't activate - Similar Threads - Resetting installed Pro

2. I can't activate pre-installed windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate pre-installed windows 10 pro: Hello,Windows 10 pro came pre-installed on my computer, but I have been unable to activate it. The error code says "We can't activate Windows because we are not connected to your organization's activation server". The problem is, I don't have an organization and it has not...
  3. Windows 10 Reset process interrupted, now can't activate

Windows 10 Reset process interrupted, now can't activate: Steps taken:Ran Windows 10 Reset - Selected install from Local - Selected Keep filesDuring the reset process, I believe some corrupt ram caused the machine to freeze up and crash... this happened a couple of times until I managed to identify the problem.I then removed the...
  4. I can't activate Windows 10 Pro in my Laptop

I can't activate Windows 10 Pro in my Laptop: I bought a laptop with a license windows 10 pro but cant activate . When activating there has an error show 0x8007000D. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-windows-10-pro-in-my-laptop/8e2dee45-c7e6-487b-8637-4321673633ad
  5. I can't instal my windows 10 pro

I can't instal my windows 10 pro: Hello, anybody can help me? My device has win 10 Home Single Language, but when I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro, the result still win 10 home, and the product key didn't work. What should I do? Help me please...
  6. Please Help: I Reset Windows and Now I can't Activate my License...

Please Help: I Reset Windows and Now I can't Activate my License...: Hello Everyone, I recently purchased my work computer from my former employer after being laid off due to the Covid impact. They still had a lot of IT and Management protocols installed so I decided to wipe it and start over. I still have the discs and other literature...
  7. Can't Activate my Windows 10 Pro.

Can't Activate my Windows 10 Pro.: My laptop was reformatted about 2 months ago after it blue screen about an windows error. It working now but the IT guy i hired didn't activate the windows 10. when i bought this it was already pre-installed with windows 8. i tried many solutions online but it didn't help....
  8. I can't activate my computer Windows 10 Pro

I can't activate my computer Windows 10 Pro: I can't activate my computer Windows 10 Pro for a reason I can't understand. would you help me ?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-activate-my-computer-windows-10-pro/dd01bada-9343-42fb-b3d1-e043fc6014c0"
  9. Windows 10 pro was activated and now it's not after a reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro was activated and now it's not after a reset.: I recently upgraded from 7 to 10 pro. When I initially installed windows 10 pro mid installation I had a power outage I couldnt connect to the internet and I suspect had a corrupt driver/clear failed installation. So I did a reset. This bought me back to square one and all...
  10. I can't activate Windows 10 Pro

I can't activate Windows 10 Pro: Two days before, my PC using Windows 10 Pro suddenly became inactivated without warnings of any kind. It says: "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, wait a few minutes, and then try again. Error code: 0x80070002" Of course, my...